lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2019, 11:11 AM   #21
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Default Re: Lift kit opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster59 View Post
Chain lube is designed to take high shock loads, cling to high speed rollers, and get into deep places. Sounds like the lube I would use.
Thanks- haven’t tried chain-lube yet. I’ll give it a shot.
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2019, 11:38 AM   #22
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I've got the 6" Steeling kit on my Carryall. Very easy to install, rides great. Suits all of my purposes perfectly (mostly just increased ground clearance is all I was looking for). I've got no complaints about it, plus it was cheap! The cheesy "SGC" plate in the front is thin and already pretty bent up, I'll probably just take that off, but that's just aesthetics.

I did have to remove my rear sway bar, but don't notice any difference with or without it. But, I don't believe a regular DS has a rear sway bar anyhow.

One thing I would recommend before you install ANY lift kit, order new bushings and guides for the rear leaf springs. You'll need them, and it's the perfect time to install them when you have the leaf springs out and sitting on the ground :)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 02:02 PM   #23
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Chain lube will work, BUT it will be some kinda messy. Evey bit of dirt and debris will stick to it just like honey.....
Way back in the day (40+yrs) I raced motocross. Always cleaned and lubed the chain with chain lube. The clean\lube part was pretty much a weekly ritual. However, the dirt stuck to the chain and eventually I had to buy a new rear sprocket and a new chain.

That dust works like a diamond abrasive when you have metal to metal. Nothing you could do but maintain it. If not.....replacement cost came at much closer intervals.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 03:57 PM   #24
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since the OP is going to use their cart on flat roads and fields in Florida, I would think any name brand lift will serve the purpose. For us that use carts as an off road ATV, we go with a lift that may provide a more forgiving ride. I bought and built my cart to be a stealth hunting buggy. If I had to do over, I probably would consider a spindle lift just to reduce the possibility of noise. Let's be honest a cart with a 6 foot wheel base with solid rear axles and leaf springs doesn't scream soft ride.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:23 PM   #25
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Way back in the day (40+yrs) I raced motocross. Always cleaned and lubed the chain with chain lube. The clean\lube part was pretty much a weekly ritual. However, the dirt stuck to the chain and eventually I had to buy a new rear sprocket and a new chain.

That dust works like a diamond abrasive when you have metal to metal. Nothing you could do but maintain it. If not.....replacement cost came at much closer intervals.
We host a race in the fall - Wilseyville Hare Scrambles, and some of the racers told me they completely strip-down the bike afterwards to clean and lube. Some years it’s pretty dusty, and some pure mud -
Old 02-13-2019, 04:26 PM   #26
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter450 View Post
. . . . . Let's be honest a cart with a 6 foot wheel base with solid rear axles and leaf springs doesn't scream soft ride.
Right! When I feel the front hit a small bump, I brace for what’s coming. Rear suspension work is on the ‘to do’ list.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:06 PM   #27
beachguysc
Getting Wild

Club Car

I have an Allsports 3” lift that works great. There is a part of me that wishes I had gotten a lift that can accommodate the addition of front disc brakes. But otherwise I’m very happy.
beachguysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:32 PM   #28
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
-snip-
Silica (SiO2) has a hardness of 7 on the Mohs scale and is roughly 5 times harder than steel!

It will eat up most anything not diamond.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 04:24 PM   #29
seanmcg
Getting Wild

Can any of you guys put a picture of your lifted DS so I can see what those lift kits look like? I've seen some carts where the front wheels are sitting way wider than the back and it looks weird to me. Not sure which lift that is though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
seanmcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 04:53 PM   #30
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

My lift is a 6" Madjax HD double a-arm. 92 CC DS gas frame. I don't have a picture looking from front to back, I'll try and get one tomorrow. The front tires do not setout further than the rear tires on mine.

IMG_1716 - Copy.jpg

IMG_1635 - Copy.jpg

IMG_1607 - Copy.jpg
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car