lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2019, 12:54 PM   #11
Fred H
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rabbit/Turtle Switch for 2009 RXV Curtis Upgrade

Bob,

Tried to PM you but you are a busy man :-)

Seeing as the other member hasn't purchased it, can you send me the link to the 2Five Curtis controller you referenced in your previous post?
Fred H is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2019, 07:23 PM   #12
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred H View Post
Bob,

Tried to PM you but you are a busy man :-)

Seeing as the other member hasn't purchased it, can you send me the link to the 2Five Curtis controller you referenced in your previous post?
Yea, inbox stays full. I delete a message to send a PM and that fills it again. I don't bother clearing it because I get multiple PMs from mostly newbies asking multiple questions that are easy to search and find the answers to. Wasting my time and PM space.

I sent you the link since the other member did not buy it. I bought one from that seller too.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 08:16 PM   #13
Fred H
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Bob.

I just bought the controller you recommended.

I tried to PM but of course it is full as you said. How do I go about sending the controller to you to do the programming you mentioned in a previous post to this thread? I should receive it in about a week.

Also just want to verify a couple questions;

If I can't find the 2Five main harness 619257, can I use the adapter cable 626124 and try to wire in the rabbit turtle switch into my existing Danaher harness. I prefer 619257 if I can find one.

Will my motor brake will still function when the cart is at rest
Old 08-15-2019, 08:51 PM   #14
Fred H
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

...or would purchasing a 2Five Danaher harness 609397 and using the 626124 adapter cable be a better alternative?
Old 08-16-2019, 07:09 AM   #15
Fred H
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Now that I have purchased the Curtis 2Five controller Bob recommended, I also found a great deal and purchased a new 2Five Danaher main wiring harness 609397 as well.

Is the Danaher to Curtis adapter cable 626124 the only other piece I need to add to make the main harness function? One of the threads referenced a 23 pin to 23 pin
626118 might be needed as well.

Im still trying to figure out how to interface my factory lighting harness and the triangular battery charger connection so I am continuing to research the threads and wiring schematics to see what I can find out.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:00 PM   #16
bryanwood74
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey Bob, how can I contact you to pay for shipping? I am going to go through the troubleshooting guide and document voltage/resistance of each pin to see if I can narrow down the problem, but I am concerned that my danaher controller could be at fault...
bryanwood74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:04 PM   #17
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanwood74 View Post
Hey Bob, how can I contact you to pay for shipping? I am going to go through the troubleshooting guide and document voltage/resistance of each pin to see if I can narrow down the problem, but I am concerned that my danaher controller could be at fault...
Bryan I'm trying to pm you but your box is full.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:10 PM   #18
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred H View Post
Now that I have purchased the Curtis 2Five controller Bob recommended, I also found a great deal and purchased a new 2Five Danaher main wiring harness 609397 as well.

Is the Danaher to Curtis adapter cable 626124 the only other piece I need to add to make the main harness function? One of the threads referenced a 23 pin to 23 pin
626118 might be needed as well.

Im still trying to figure out how to interface my factory lighting harness and the triangular battery charger connection so I am continuing to research the threads and wiring schematics to see what I can find out.
Yes, if you bought the 609397 harness, you'll need the adapter cable and the 23 pin to 23 pin connector box if you want the conversion to be the easiest.

The 609397 harness also contains the speedometer harness plug, but it may malfunction with the Curtis. You'll have to try it. The reason I mention this is the newer Curtis harness uses a different CAN Bus configuration, set up for a GPS interface. In the first revision OS for the 1206AC-5212, there was a CAN-ID conflict between the GPS and the Speedometer. Since you don't have the GPS unit to conflict with, you should be OK.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:05 PM   #19
bryanwood74
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Oh sorry will clean it up...
bryanwood74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:17 PM   #20
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok I sent it to you.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO