lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2019, 07:29 PM   #1
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 2008 Club Car wiring question. Missing wires in battery compartment.

So I am wiring up a light kit for my cart and I am missing the blue and black wires in the battery compartment needed to attach to the bucket harnesss. Also for some reason I dont have A tow/run switch. It must have been remjved by previous ower.

Anywho how I hook up the bucket harness without black and blue wires? Doesnt that have something tondo with making sure my lights see 12v and not 48v right?

I have Four 12v batteries for reference. Thanks guys
ClubCarDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2019, 06:07 AM   #2
ClubCar86
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2008 Club Car wiring question. Missing wires in battery compartment.

Are you referring to the black and blue pigtails that come of the 1st and last batteries? Hard to diagnose w/o pictures, but I would say just make new wires with ring terminals and go across one battery for the time being. If/when you get a reducer, then you would go across all.
ClubCar86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 08:16 AM   #3
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2008 Club Car wiring question. Missing wires in battery compartment.

OK thanks ClubCar86. Yes you are correct, the factory pigtails (blue and black) are missing in the battery compartment.

I am trying to hook up a bucket harness for a light kit. I can create new pigtails but I can't just hook them up to 2 batteries because then my lights will see 48 volts right?
Old 10-30-2019, 08:40 AM   #4
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

ok I found this. So I can just use a ring terminal to connect the blue wire from bucket harness sine the factory pigtail is missing. However I still don't know what to do with the black wire. See pic below.

"Connect the blue wire on the new harness to the #12 wire with the
male connector on battery #3 (12V System) or battery #5 (8V
System). The blue wire will have a female spade connector. If the
male connector is not present on battery #3 or #5 a ring terminal
can be used in it’s place."

Missing the black wire in pic below.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mAaroK5q7qNbhRoFA
Old 10-31-2019, 02:34 PM   #5
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Bump. This forum used to be a way more happening place. Anyone?
Old 12-14-2019, 04:01 PM   #6
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Bump, Need help someone has to know the answer pls
Old 12-14-2019, 04:14 PM   #7
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Do you have a 48-12 volt reducer?
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 05:17 PM   #8
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

No i dont. I didnt come with the kit. From the wiring kit harness I wired the blue/red line to #4 battery positive and wired the black wire to #4 battery negative. The headlight comes on now but the reverse buzzer is sounding off constantly and I have no power to ignition. Cart wont move.
Old 12-14-2019, 05:34 PM   #9
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

To save your self problems down the road, take what you have done off and the cart will likely run. You need a 48-12 volt reducer, running lights etc off one battery will destroy your battery. I know that sounds silly but trust me it will. A reducer will allow you to hook up the 48 volt input wires to your battery pack and the 12 volt output wires to your light harness. Once you get the kit come back to this site and we will help you wire it up.

You are going to want the 48 volt to come from negative on your controller or negative stud, and the 48 volt positive to come from your solenoid post that comes from battery pack positive post.

Some carts have a yellow butt connector in the battery basket that is negative 48 volt. To test take your volt meter and put the black lead on the yellow butt connection and the red lead on your pack main positive. If you get pack voltage the yellow connection is where you will hook your voltage reducer 48 volt negative.

Always be sure you put cart on tow and unhook pack negative cable before working on anything electric
More to come let us know when you get your reducer.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car