lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2019, 11:56 PM   #1
RMcGuire11
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO TXT series 36v will only move on jack stands

Hi guys! First time posting so bear with me. I have a 99 EZGO txt series cart that I bought not running. I put brand new battery’s in it and turned the cart on and heard the solenoid click but the cart would not move. I then decided to put the cart inside and jacked the rear end up and noticed the wheels would turn but in the wrong direction. So I searched the threads and found a wiring diagram and tracked everything down and found a few wiring problems. I fixed those and the cart is now running in the right direction but at minimal speed. The controller is a 3 prong controller and I thought they were suppose to be 4? I saw another thread on that but I think I have everything wired up correctly. I’m starting to think the controller might be bad. ANY Tips or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!
RMcGuire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2019, 12:05 AM   #2
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Re: EZGO TXT series 36v will only move on jack stands

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcGuire11 View Post
Hi guys! First time posting so bear with me. I have a 99 EZGO txt series cart that I bought not running. I put brand new battery’s in it and turned the cart on and heard the solenoid click but the cart would not move. I then decided to put the cart inside and jacked the rear end up and noticed the wheels would turn but in the wrong direction. So I searched the threads and found a wiring diagram and tracked everything down and found a few wiring problems. I fixed those and the cart is now running in the right direction but at minimal speed. The controller is a 3 prong controller and I thought they were suppose to be 4? I saw another thread on that but I think I have everything wired up correctly. I’m starting to think the controller might be bad. ANY Tips or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!
some of those controllers had 3 terminals some had 4, they are interchangeable. You probably will need to post some voltages here before people can help you. What is your overall pack voltage?
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 12:23 AM   #3
RMcGuire11
Not Yet Wild

38.2v
Old 11-23-2019, 12:28 AM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Voltage is good. How long have they been off the charger?

Still looks like weak battery situation to me.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 12:41 AM   #5
RMcGuire11
Not Yet Wild

I just bought them yesterday. I have another cart exactly like this one in my garage as well and these battery’s ran it full speed for about 20 seconds and i took them back out and put them in this cart and tested the pack. This cart the wheels still barely turned. I’m thinking more that my F&R or controller are going bad.
Old 11-23-2019, 01:13 AM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

OK. So now we have 2 carts in the equation. Was the second cart ran for 20 seconds in the air or on the ground?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 09:50 AM   #7
RMcGuire11
Not Yet Wild

only one cart that doesn’t run properly. I switched the brand new batteries back over to the cart that did run properly on jack stands for 20 seconds and took it for a cruise around the block this morning and it worked perfectly. What i am trying to point out is that the battery’s are brand new and charged and work fine in the exact same series cart that I have.
Old 11-23-2019, 10:32 AM   #8
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Your 20 year old motor is sick, A thought; continue with the "Parts Swap" troubleshooting, you feel it may be the controller, well swap them out and note any performance differences. Swap out the motor......A DYI has basically free labor so take advantage of that.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 12:30 PM   #9
RMcGuire11
Not Yet Wild

LabRat that’s what I will try next. Thank you! Also this morning when I was messing with it some more. The passenger side tire was spinning and the driver side wasn’t.
Old 11-23-2019, 12:50 PM   #10
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

They’re on a differential... one can spin while the other remains stationary
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO