lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2020, 09:28 AM   #1
joe100
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Radio Blinks tail lights????

Hi All
I put a new Dash on a cart for a friend of mine and he got a Radio and speakers to put into Dash with Blue tooth the work is all installed and working as should be, EXCEPT ?? for the tail lights when radio is on, the led tail lights blink with radio on??? can barley see it but very dimly they are on ???
I put a 30 amp convert in and wired up separately. does the radio need a Diode put in the speaker grounds or something??? I'm kind of lost on this one. I don't work on these for a living or anything. Just trying to help my neighbor out any help would be appreciated. Thank You

Forgot TEXTRON
Model# TXTPDS
Date Code KO109
joe100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2020, 05:10 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Radio Blinks tail lights????

G-g-g-g-g-ghosts! That's really weird. First, be sure NONE of your installed accessories are frame grounded.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:34 AM   #3
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Usually when stuff acts too crazy to make sense it's a ground issue. Make sure the tail lights and stereo are not "grounded" to the frame, then make sure the negative 12v leads go back to your distribution block and then to your converter.

The other side may be your 30 amp converter might be tired and putting out very little amperage or your stereo may be pulling way too much. I assume your stereo is on a 5, 7.5 or 10 amp fuse. If it isn't on a fuse it should be... But a 30 amp should be able to handle what you've described without issue.

----- Edit -----
When the tail lights are on you also presumably have the headlights on. What kind of headlights are you running as incandescent headlights can pull a LOT of current depending on what you've got. What other electrical loads are on the converter?
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:51 AM   #4
joe100
Gone Wild

Club Car

the fuse block that is in the cart was connected to positive middle of the pack I disconnected it and installed the converter to equally use the pack. I put in one of those fiancé dash combos for speakers. Amperage on the fuse block with everything on is around 7amps. The tail lights which you can barley see unless you strain your eyes looking for it blink a little while the radio plays I've checked everything I can think of was just wondering if this is normal with LED lights on the back.
joe100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:15 AM   #5
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You should have a positive fuse block and a negative distribution block. Where do the negative wires go for the radio/LED/etc stuff? They *should not* be "grounded" to the cart, they should come back to a distribution block that is connected to the negative coming out of the converter.

If the electrical items have their negative wires connected to the metal part of the cart that's likely where your problem is.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO