lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2020, 11:52 AM   #1
jdavis4514
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart Barely Moving

1998 EZGO TXT

1 y/o Trojan 6-volt Batteries

When I press on the gas, the cart moves at about 1 mph (if that). If I hit a slight hill it stops. I have charged the batteries, which a full of water, with a battery charger individually. All YouTube videos I find are for carts not running. This cart is just putting along. Any suggestions appreciated.
jdavis4514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2020, 12:18 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Cart Barely Moving

Series type, or Sepex? Where is F&R located.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 12:26 PM   #3
jdavis4514
Not Yet Wild

Sorry if you read my last reply. I have now figured out it is Sepex with the F&R under the seat.
Old 04-11-2020, 01:12 PM   #4
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=3915

That’s from the stickies at the top of the ezgo section. It sounds like a series type but use that thread to confirm.

Cgtech will get your figured out, but you should start with putting a dvm on the batteries and getting a reading of the total pack voltage to the 100th. Ie: 6.xx
Individual battery readings would be helpful too. What brand/model are the batteries and how old are they?

You may have some other problem, but any no go, slow go issue should start with a check of the batteries.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 01:37 PM   #5
jdavis4514
Not Yet Wild

I just found that same image. I figured out it was a Sepex. Batteries are 1y/o Trojan 6 volt. I currently only have a dvm that measures the whole unit (Had to borrow one. I am buying one next trip to town.) That being said, all batteries read 7V, so I am going to assume they are rounding up and are above 6.
Old 04-11-2020, 01:55 PM   #6
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Get a reading for the whole pack. Positive post of the first battery (forward battery under passenger side) and negative post of the last battery. (Right behind the first battery). The reading should be taken 10-12 hours after a full charge.

Batteries may not be your problem. Cgtech will chime back in on other possibilities.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 02:08 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

You will need to drive the cart, while monitoring pack voltage. Please start showing your voltage readings past the decimal point. ( like 38.5 & 6.88 )
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO