lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2020, 06:21 PM   #1
lordj37@icloud.com
Not Yet Wild

Default Wiring Question for Accessories

Looking for some guidance with wiring in my 2010 Precedent. I installed a headlight & taillight kit which came with a on/off pull switch which I don’t want to use. I’m installing other light accessories and wiring everything to a 4 gang switch on the dash (through a relay and reducer). My confusion is what or how do I wire the connections for the included pull switch (see pic with the yellow wires) for my headlight/taillight kit into the gang switch that I’ll be installing???

Thanks for any help/guidance!!

E1BA7C97-9C0F-4A23-A0A6-55DB22F72EB2.jpg
lordj37@icloud.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2020, 07:38 PM   #2
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Wiring Question for Accessories

Post a photo of the back of the gang switch so that we can see what terminals you have.

Basically, the wire which has power when the switch is off (pushed) will connect to the common side of the gang and the other will connect to the other terminal on the switch in the gang that you want to use.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 09:00 PM   #3
lordj37@icloud.com
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawood View Post
Post a photo of the back of the gang switch so that we can see what terminals you have.

Basically, the wire which has power when the switch is off (pushed) will connect to the common side of the gang and the other will connect to the other terminal on the switch in the gang that you want to use.
I don’t have the gang switch yet but this is what I ordered.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E0B324B4-90D3-4DFE-BB1E-6454200EE7D0.jpg (44.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-08-2020, 09:21 PM   #4
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

OK, I have labelled the gang switch. Where I have said power here, that's where the wire will connect that had power when the push-pull was off (pushed). The gang switch should also have another set of spade terminals (one for each switch in the gang) - you can't see them in this picture. The other wire from your push-pull goes on one of those.

The negative connects to the -12V of the reducer (probably through the -ve buss of your fuse block) and will just be there to light the switches I imagine.

To be clear, the switches just break the positive line to each accessory. The negatives from each accessory will return to the -ve buss. The negative line on the gang switch is there just to light the switch and has nothing to do with controlling the accessories.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gang switch.jpg (58.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-08-2020, 09:37 PM   #5
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you want to post a link to that switch, I'll double check to make sure that is how that gang works.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:47 AM   #6
lordj37@icloud.com
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawood View Post
If you want to post a link to that switch, I'll double check to make sure that is how that gang works.
Bruce,

Here’s the link:

SUNJOYCO 4 Gang Rocker Switch Panel, Waterproof 5 Pin On-Off Toggle Switches 12V/24V with Blue LED Light for RV Marine Boat Car Vehicles Truck https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VJ5YTY6..._OqRTEbYCTRQF9

I think I get what your saying and the switch panel has what you’re referencing. It’s starting to make sense to me. Thanks for all the guidance on this!!!
Old 05-09-2020, 05:50 PM   #7
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes, it is as I described. The website does not provide any other pictures but one of the questions is this:

Quote:
Q: Does it come wired with the harness?
A: Yes, mine came beautifully wired in the back. All you need to do is attach the one red wire from the panel to a positive terminal, the one black wire to a negative terminal, and connect your devices to the one free pin on the back of the rocker switches.
So there are other terminals that you cannot see and the switch is lit.

Good luck with it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car