lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2020, 01:27 PM   #1
rechlicz4
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Brake switch help identifying this and power to it...

Hey guys so I'm not sure what I did but I put myself in a complete circle and destroyed my brain...so I added a universal turn switch and finally got everything working with the exception of my brake lights...when I gutted this PCX-955 nothing worked in the first place and I went to look for a brake switch and found this with the connector dangling and not sure if this is a switch of some sort or what any help would be appreciated. Also, not sure of the power to it did it run off 12v or was it the full 36v or neither...haha. Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200509_111327.jpg (186.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200509_111341.jpg (134.2 KB, 0 views)
rechlicz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2020, 02:19 PM   #2
rechlicz4
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Brake switch help identifying this and power to it...

Well after a break and a beer I figured it out...so it's just a pressure switch and now it is all wired up and working as it should. Now on to the next part of the project!
rechlicz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 08:21 PM   #3
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Brake switch help identifying this and power to it...

That is a warning light switch. You have a double bowl brake system. If one side fails you will still have pressure to the other side. The switch will see the difference in pressure and light the bulb on the dash to tell you there is a problem.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO