lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2020, 09:15 PM   #1
zacheryt252
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo RXV wont move

Have an ezgo rxv that my daughter was driving and she said it came to a sudden stop. This has happened before and it was due to bad brake. So replaced the brake and when attempting to turn key to reverse the only thing that happens is a very faint very fast chirp from the reverse alarm nothing else. Replaced the solenoid and still nothing. Tried to bypass charger interlock and still same results. Checked the run switch under the cup holder and still same results. Replaced charger port just for giggles and still same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Btw batteries are less than 6 month old.

Thanks
Zack
zacheryt252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2020, 07:26 AM   #2
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo RXV wont move

i have a 2015 rxv and was riding last night and came to a stop in the middle of the road in my neighborhood. I thought I was going to have to leave it in the middle of the road because I couldnt get the thing to roll even with turning key in neutral and in tow mode. Kids and wife walked home because we weren't too far but still a decent walk. I moved cart back and to then I saw a little spark at the main battery positive terminal and noticed my positive wire for my lights had a bad terminal connector so i moved it around a little where it would make contact and finally was able to drive home. The wife and kids had just got to the house after i had it fixed lol

I have been having my lights cut off and on some the last couple times i rode it and i would check connections. Not sure why it would stop cart from running though.
wingnut2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 09:41 AM   #3
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

This just happened to me. Less than 6 month old Trojans. Check all the wires last night, everything looks good. Going to check solenoid next.
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 10:42 AM   #4
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Most likely a solenoid issue. Just replaced one this morning for a member at the club. Same symptoms as all of you above.

Turn on key sw. One probe of voltmeter on pack negative, the other on battery side of solenoid. Then check load side of solenoid. Voltage should be the same. If lower than pack voltage, replace solenoid. IMHO
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 03:43 PM   #5
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
Most likely a solenoid issue. Just replaced one this morning for a member at the club. Same symptoms as all of you above.

Turn on key sw. One probe of voltmeter on pack negative, the other on battery side of solenoid. Then check load side of solenoid. Voltage should be the same. If lower than pack voltage, replace solenoid. IMHO
Mine ended up being the solenoid. Glad it wasn't anything too expensive
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO