lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2020, 05:41 PM   #11
binder49
Gone Wild

Default Re: 98 TXT DCS 36v cant go up hill

I installed an Altrax 400 amp controller and hd solenoid on my 95 Medalist. I also upgraded to 2 gauge cables through out. It made a huge difference in hill climbing. It was a completely different cart. It was well money well spent. I am also running the stock motor with no issue. Running on 36 Volts. I also put in a 4" lift and taller tires for more speed.
binder49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2020, 05:55 PM   #12
braze
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

my 00' TXT did this exact same thing when i purchased it years ago and my friends did it as well when he purchased his last year. Bad batteries was both our problems
braze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 06:01 PM   #13
germandude890
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, everyone. Very useful information. I made the decision to go with 6 125's.

What's the concensus on the watering system sold with some batteries? I definitely want to make sure I take care of these batteries.

Also, just for my education why am I killing the DCS controller on these old batteries?

Some other things on the agenda will be welding up a new battery tray and replacing the old leaf springs as they are arched back.

After that addressing the rear wheels that keep getting caught on a little resistance every turn. thoughts?
germandude890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 06:43 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Watering systems can be dangerous as they can trap very explosive hydrogen gas which will blow the tops off the batteries if it finds a spark
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 07:48 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by germandude890 View Post
Thanks, everyone. Very useful information. I made the decision to go with 6 125's.

What's the concensus on the watering system sold with some batteries? I definitely want to make sure I take care of these batteries.

Also, just for my education why am I killing the DCS controller on these old batteries?

Some other things on the agenda will be welding up a new battery tray and replacing the old leaf springs as they are arched back.

After that addressing the rear wheels that keep getting caught on a little resistance every turn. thoughts?
The stock DCS controller doesn't play well with low battery pack voltage and the voltages you listed in your post#3 indicates your battery pack is dropping to 29.1V under load. The lower the pack voltage, the more amps are drawn to do the same work, so the controller eventually burns out.

In later designs (PDS and beyond), a low voltage cut-off circuit was added to shut off the controller when the battery voltage got too low.

FWIW: During non-destructive load testing, the battery pack is taken down to 1.75VPC (Volts per Cell), or 31.5V for a 36V battery pack. Irreversible physical damage to the plates starts at 1.50VPC, which is 27.0V for a 36V pack or 4.5V for a 6V battery.

As for watering systems: See attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Exploded batteries - Chain Fire-6.jpg (94.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Exploded batteries - Chain Fire-5.jpg (212.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Exploded batteries - Chain Fire-4.jpg (169.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Exploded batteries - Chain Fire-1.jpg (79.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 06:08 PM   #16
germandude890
Not Yet Wild

I can not thank you guys enough for all of this information. I went with the US batt 125's and couldnt be happier. No watering system. stock everything else but added a DVM.

See my latest problem below. wanted to start a new thread since its a new problem but linked to each other for continuity:

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...96#post1747196
germandude890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO