lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2020, 06:30 PM   #21
joepiccaso
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: CC Throttle Response not Smooth

Very Good. I did read the earlier posts and will reread them. Just a lot of info and I need to write some of it out. I'm more of a visual learner. I think I get it. I'll look closely at it when I get home tonight. I think I see the three wires and the jumper in the Picture. And, I see the Half-speed switch. I didn't have a diagram before that Identified the switches.

And, I understand about the Brake. Good point.

Much Thanks!
joepiccaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2020, 08:01 AM   #22
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I will add that once you understand this 3 wire throttle its simple, very robust, and you can easily repair it if you ever need to. The only negative is its not as smooth as a MCOR or pedal assembly but its not terribly noticeable, I didnt notice it until I upgraded to a speed motor and still not bad. The other big plus is it's very cheap to implement. I think I spent $20 on resistors and ring terminals and thats due to buying a huge pack of 1W metal film resistors and a 100 pack of ring terminals.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 09:32 AM   #23
joepiccaso
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks, Jack Daddy. I printed a lot of the info referenced to me and feel much better now. I'll jump on it this weekend. Just one question and I probably can find it in the literature on the V-Glide somewhere, but off the top of your head, do you remember what size screws those are in the V-Glide to get the right sized Ring Terminal. That way I can get them before I dismantle the POT. Thanks, Joe
Old 08-13-2020, 09:50 AM   #24
joepiccaso
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks, Jack Daddy. I printed a lot of the info referenced to me and feel much better now. I'll jump on it this weekend. Just one question and I probably can find it in the literature on the V-Glide somewhere, but off the top of your head, do you remember what size screws those are in the V-Glide to get the right sized Ring Terminal. That way I can get them before I dismantle the POT. I'm guessing a 1/4" screw. Thanks, Joe
Old 08-13-2020, 10:07 AM   #25
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I used 1/4" ring terminals for 18-22ga wire and 1W resistors, you can order both off amazon if your looking to get them quick. If you can get smaller than 18-22ga I would but I dont think I saw anything smaller than that, still works fine just double check your crimps when your done.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 10:07 AM   #26
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Those posts are 1/4-20, your guess is right

By adding that extra wire and converting the 2-wire to a 3-wire increases the VGLide resolution by 60%, so definitely an improvement for the old VGlide (Multi-Step-Potentiometer).

Also keeping the throttle rate low mitigates some of the "step" effect of the transitions in the throttle.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 12:05 PM   #27
Ted4Alltrax
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Some very good input indeed! A real class act you fellas are, helping others like you do. my respects... So just to touch on the throttle subject for a moment, As it relates to ALLTRAX controllers. Indeed you can adjust the throttle configuration by going to www.alltraxInc.com. Click on products (for XCT and SR Controllers) or Legacy Products for all other controllers. This will bring a drop-down menu onto your screen, select Toolkit software (XCT&SR) or controller pro (ALL OTHERS) found at the bottom of these menus.
Download Toolkit software. *NOTE There is also a manual available for download found in this same location.. I recommend downloading this as it describes each setting and its function. *Downloads are free and are used to adjust settings within your ALLTRAX Controller..
Next, take a standard printer cable and plug it into the controllers (J3) port, and a laptop or home computer on the other end.(windows 7 or better, mac will not work) Once in the toolkit you will find yourself in the Controller settings tab. There are also the Throttle Settings tab and the Monitor Tab.
In your case you will want to select throttle settings. Select the throttle that best suits your cart, *you wont hurt anything trying out the different throttles. If it is not a match it will either not work, or be very jerky and stutter ECT.
Just select the next one, press set(on left side of screen, until you press set no setting changes will be saved) and give it a try until you find the right one for your cart! If none of them smooth you out, call ALLTRAX Tech Support @ 541-476-3565 Ext.110
There are other ways to go about finding the result you are looking for.

Last thing, as far as the whip lash effect that was mentioned, or taking off too fast when you've barely pressed the pedal... In the controller settings, near the bottom of the page you will find *throttle speed* Standard they come set at 12.5% for a smooth and gradual take-off. If your controllers throttle speed is set too high simply press the slider bar and drag it down to a more comfortable position. Then press set, wait for button to return to grey color, and try it out.(set button turns blue while controller is adjusting settings changes)
Ted4Alltrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 12:23 PM   #28
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted4Alltrax View Post
Some very good input indeed! A real class act you fellas are, helping others like you do. my respects... So just to touch on the throttle subject for a moment, As it relates to ALLTRAX controllers. Indeed you can adjust the throttle configuration by going to www.alltraxInc.com. Click on products (for XCT and SR Controllers) or Legacy Products for all other controllers. This will bring a drop-down menu onto your screen, select Toolkit software (XCT&SR) or controller pro (ALL OTHERS) found at the bottom of these menus.
Download Toolkit software. *NOTE There is also a manual available for download found in this same location.. I recommend downloading this as it describes each setting and its function. *Downloads are free and are used to adjust settings within your ALLTRAX Controller..
Next, take a standard printer cable and plug it into the controllers (J3) port, and a laptop or home computer on the other end.(windows 7 or better, mac will not work) Once in the toolkit you will find yourself in the Controller settings tab. There are also the Throttle Settings tab and the Monitor Tab.
In your case you will want to select throttle settings. Select the throttle that best suits your cart, *you wont hurt anything trying out the different throttles. If it is not a match it will either not work, or be very jerky and stutter ECT.
Just select the next one, press set(on left side of screen, until you press set no setting changes will be saved) and give it a try until you find the right one for your cart! If none of them smooth you out, call ALLTRAX Tech Support @ 541-476-3565 Ext.110
There are other ways to go about finding the result you are looking for.

Last thing, as far as the whip lash effect that was mentioned, or taking off too fast when you've barely pressed the pedal... In the controller settings, near the bottom of the page you will find *throttle speed* Standard they come set at 12.5% for a smooth and gradual take-off. If your controllers throttle speed is set too high simply press the slider bar and drag it down to a more comfortable position. Then press set, wait for button to return to grey color, and try it out.(set button turns blue while controller is adjusting settings changes)

One word of caution and a funny programming story. In the early AXE days I had a long program cable hung out the office window where a CC was plugged in. Shorting through the throttle options I saw 0-5k and 5k-0. Hmmm? Guess I'll try changing that... well,when I hit save the cart left. It got to the end of the cord and kept going. I scrambled out of my chair, down the hall, out the door, and dove head long onto the brake pedal, skidding the cart to a halt 1 inch from the side of the car.
Needless to say future out the window programming was done on a floorjack
Be careful out there and have fun
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 04:17 PM   #29
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
One word of caution and a funny programming story. In the early AXE days I had a long program cable hung out the office window where a CC was plugged in. Shorting through the throttle options I saw 0-5k and 5k-0. Hmmm? Guess I'll try changing that... well,when I hit save the cart left. It got to the end of the cord and kept going. I scrambled out of my chair, down the hall, out the door, and dove head long onto the brake pedal, skidding the cart to a halt 1 inch from the side of the car.

Needless to say future out the window programming was done on a floorjack

Be careful out there and have fun[emoji106]
I kinda chuckled out loud as I imagined that in my mind! [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car, electric, throttle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car