lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2020, 08:36 PM   #21
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Golf Cart Garage Review (not what you think!)

Probably be a virtual gift exchange the way things are going, Wakko :(

I am a humble man, gcm, but will admit to being a hundredaire (not all weeks but most). You're right-I guess I am just trying to keep all of this in perspective. Like a lady told me a while back when I was whining about something else-"that's a first world problem, Bruce". I don't like this situation but it has not put me in debtors prison either.
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2020, 10:46 AM   #22
ACCLR8N
Getting Wild

Club Car

I would agree Simicrintz that Lester Electrical's description is very misleading. They even go so far as suggest you can request a custom profile that doesn't exist.
ACCLR8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 11:05 AM   #23
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCLR8N View Post
I would agree Simicrintz that Lester Electrical's description is very misleading. They even go so far as suggest you can request a custom profile that doesn't exist.
That is what I was under the impression of also.

You are on a similar path as me and I am hoping that some of this is helpful to others as well.

I have not soured on the Lester charger and still believe that it is a top shelf product. I am disappointed that they do mislead however, and that GCG is not a stand up company in this regard. If I owned a company like GCG (and once upon a time I did) I would take the charger back in an effort to retain a customer. I guess they are doing well and have plenty of folks buying from them presently, so a bad review or somebody whining like me does not carry much weight (and I guess they need the $350 more than I do ).
Old 11-01-2020, 10:17 AM   #24
ikeholt40
Not Yet Wild

How much do you want to sell it for with shipping? Is this the 650v or 1050v? What adapter pin configuration is it?
ikeholt40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 07:54 PM   #25
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikeholt40 View Post
How much do you want to sell it for with shipping? Is this the 650v or 1050v? What adapter pin configuration is it?
Hadn't thought about that yet. Let me mull it over and I will PM you.
Old 11-14-2020, 09:59 PM   #26
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Still messing around with this And I still have the charger sitting on my workbench.....

Read this on the site where I got the batteries and wondering what you smarter than me folks think. I'll reach out to the seller also, but would love to hear thoughts from those not tied so tightly to the sales pitch.

"BMS has charging control that connects to charger negative to provide a shutoff of the charger when the battery is fully charged at 4.2v per cell. This will allow the use of a charger that is not designed for lithium that would normally charge over the allowed 50.4vdc The Installation requires installing the orange plug into battery receptacle, connecting negative lead with eye ring to battery negative post and the BMS charger negative to the charger negative".

I'll attach a few pics of the batteries with the BMS attached (if you look closely at the one pic you will see the black wire that needs to go to the charger negative).

I know this should be in the Lithium area but am hoping it gets seen here so I don't have to start a new thread there! It would be so much easier to use the Lester charger with these BMS if it not an asinine idea!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GC Batteries 1.jpg (110.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg GC Batteries 2.jpg (132.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-16-2020, 01:05 AM   #27
lakeman1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Following
lakeman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 01:48 AM   #28
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Simi you have a legitimate gripe here. I think at the end of the day somebody in here will take it off your hands at a minimal loss to you.

But yes, they should own up to their part of it. Then the manufacturer should eat the mistake.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 01:53 AM   #29
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCNorth View Post
On their website, FAQ, here, Lester states:
https://lesterelectrical.com/service-support-summit-ii/
----------
Can I charge lithium batteries with a Summit II Charger?

Yes, The standard Wet Cell battery profiles are used (IEI) and the maximum voltage is regulated by the lithium battery controller that is part of your power cell package.
---------

They don't say anything about a limitation with certain lithium packs. If there is a limitation they certainly should state this fact.

If this is what Lester states on their website it is most likely the same information they pass to their retail sellers.

IMO, if the seller tells the customer it works and it does not, the seller is responsible for the error and should refund the customer.

Two words come to mind: Product Liability.

CCNorth. "Products Liability" is when you plug in a coffee maker and it explodes taking out your kitchen ceiling, the roof, and hopefully not part of your head.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 07:54 AM   #30
ACCLR8N
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
Read this on the site where I got the batteries and wondering what you smarter than me folks think. I'll reach out to the seller also, but would love to hear thoughts from those not tied so tightly to the sales pitch.

"BMS has charging control that connects to charger negative to provide a shutoff of the charger when the battery is fully charged at 4.2v per cell. This will allow the use of a charger that is not designed for lithium that would normally charge over the allowed 50.4vdc
The piece you are missing is that my Lithium charger decreases the amp as it approaches final voltage. What you are suggesting is going to supply too many amps right until the end and shut off.
ACCLR8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car