lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2021, 11:34 AM   #11
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Need wiring help with Navitas 600A Controller in Club Car Precedent!

Might need a liquid cooled copper block if using a cart in Arizona during this massive heat wave out there
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2021, 06:40 PM   #12
F-ING HOSTILE
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need wiring help with Navitas 600A Controller in Club Car Precedent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
If you leave the OBC connected to the system, it will eventually lock you out and the cart won't move. The OBC is used to control the Power Drive 2 charger. After 30 days of not seeing a charger plugged in it opens the Blu/Wht circuit, stopping the cart. Once you change charger, lead acid or lithium, you need to remove OBC as above.
Thanks again for the help! I think I'm almost there, but just have a few more questions.

So I'll disconnect the 6pin OBC harness. I can leave the plug side connected to the OBC intact (in case I wanted to sell or reuse the OBC) and cut the wires a couple inches before the plug connector on the cart side. I'll use a butt connector to link the white and blue wires, and then cap the rest. Correct so far?

My question now is what to do with the 2 black wires and one grey wire coming directly out of the OBC. One black wire went directly to the B- of the controller (tied in with the main Neg battery cable), which I unhooked with the main neg battery cable I abandoned. The other goes to the white connector, where it connects to the clack connector, and that black wire ties in with the grey wire coming out of the OBC, and they both run to the factory battery charger plug port. People have mentioned connecting the two black wires coming directly out of the OBC together. Is this even necessary if I never plan to plug anything in to the factory charging port?

Lastly, I assume the aux neg wire (the one in the photo that was connected in to the ring with the main neg battery cable and the black cable coming directly out of the OBC, all to the B-) isn't needed. It wasn't used until recently when I hooked a madjax lighting kit to it, and I don't need it for that purpose anymore.

I can't thank you enough for all of the help!
F-ING HOSTILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 10:26 AM   #13
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-ING HOSTILE View Post
Thanks again for the help! I think I'm almost there, but just have a few more questions.

So I'll disconnect the 6pin OBC harness. I can leave the plug side connected to the OBC intact (in case I wanted to sell or reuse the OBC) and cut the wires a couple inches before the plug connector on the cart side. I'll use a butt connector to link the white and blue wires, and then cap the rest. Correct so far? YES

My question now is what to do with the 2 black wires and one grey wire coming directly out of the OBC. Disconnect and remove the OBC, then replace the Pack neg to the B- on the controller. Done One black wire went directly to the B- of the controller (tied in with the main Neg battery cable), which I unhooked with the main neg battery cable I abandoned. The other goes to the white connector, where it connects to the clack connector, and that black wire ties in with the grey wire coming out of the OBC, and they both run to the factory battery charger plug port. People have mentioned connecting the two black wires coming directly out of the OBC together. Is this even necessary if I never plan to plug anything in to the factory charging port? If you are using the original charging port with the new charger, the gray wire is not used. If not using the original charging port, remove it as well

Lastly, I assume the aux neg wire (the one in the photo that was connected in to the ring with the main neg battery cable and the black cable coming directly out of the OBC, all to the B-) isn't needed. It wasn't used until recently when I hooked a madjax lighting kit to it, and I don't need it for that purpose anymore. Correct

I can't thank you enough for all of the help!
See above in red. If you are mounting your charger that came with the pack on board, I would recommend using a GCP-1 port (Amazon -see link) allowing the new charger to plug into it within the battery tub. I have a made a 3d printed plate that allows the GCP-1 to mount in place of the original charge receptacle. PM me if you want one of them. Then you just plug and extension cord into the cart to charge.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 06-16-2021, 05:08 PM   #14
F-ING HOSTILE
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
See above in red. If you are mounting your charger that came with the pack on board, I would recommend using a GCP-1 port (Amazon -see link) allowing the new charger to plug into it within the battery tub. I have a made a 3d printed plate that allows the GCP-1 to mount in place of the original charge receptacle. PM me if you want one of them. Then you just plug and extension cord into the cart to charge.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Awesome, you're the man!
Thanks so much!!!

BTW, just noticed your name... I use a set of Ping Eye 2's!
F-ING HOSTILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 09:28 AM   #15
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-ING HOSTILE View Post
Awesome, you're the man!
Thanks so much!!!

BTW, just noticed your name... I use a set of Ping Eye 2's!
I had a set ot 2's and then 3's thus the PingEye3, LOL
Old 08-12-2021, 03:01 PM   #16
drnoisewater
Not Yet Wild

Pingeye3

I am in the process of ordering all my pieces to convert our 2011 Precedent with the same 72v Lithium pack from China as well as the Navitas Dc to Ac setup. Would you be able to sell one of those 3d printed plates that allows the GCP-1 to mount in place of the original charge receptacle? *I cant Pm yet (green over here) lol
drnoisewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car