lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2021, 04:18 AM   #1
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Onward with Three Terminal Key Switch

Due to some unauthorized use of Golf Carts where I live, I've been installing uncommon key switches in neighbor's carts.

Yesterday I came across two Onwards that had an additional terminal on the key switch. The first was what I believe was a factory Lithium Ion pack the second was FLA.

The key carries a "Club Car" logo and is not the standard Club Car cut.

Anyone ever seen these? Is it a new standard key switch?

What's the function of the third terminal? both vehicles has a wire attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 198999896_1116652158819077_5483017640154764130_n.jpg (43.5 KB, 0 views)
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2024, 10:22 PM   #2
BuckeyeAaron
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Onward with Three Terminal Key Switch

I came across this thread while researching options for an ignition for my 2020 Onward LithIon. I’m looking to replace my ignition switch as we lost our uncommon key (bought the cart used and only one key provided, didn’t realize it was uncommon, lesson now learned). I was looking for a suitable replacement and everything I see online seems to convey a two wire ignition is appropriate for this cart but when I accessed the dash and inspected the back of the switch I have three wires connected. They form a “Y” pattern, two red and one blue spade connections. Did you find a solution for this issue? Or any other guidance on how to replace it? Thanks.
BuckeyeAaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 10:37 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

How many terminals are on the switch? 2 or 3 ? And David from Revolution might be able to get you a key for yours..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 10:51 PM   #4
BuckeyeAaron
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
How many terminals are on the switch? 2 or 3 ? And David from Revolution might be able to get you a key for yours..
I apologize for the confusion. I see how my original message wasn’t terribly clear. But I have three terminals on my current switch. Each with their own wire connected.
Old 01-02-2024, 11:02 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

One of the club car gurus will show up and should be able to answer the 3 wire deal. I have never seen it.. You might be able to take your current switch to a locksmith and get keys made or if there are numbers on it you might be able to order keys for it.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 11:21 PM   #6
BuckeyeAaron
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
One of the club car gurus will show up and should be able to answer the 3 wire deal. I have never seen it.. You might be able to take your current switch to a locksmith and get keys made or if there are numbers on it you might be able to order keys for it.
I sent a message to Revolution based on your earlier suggestion and I can call around some local smiths tomorrow to see if such a thing can be done or see if I can find any unique numbers. I appreciate the help.
Old 01-03-2024, 07:58 AM   #7
cart12
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeAaron View Post
I apologize for the confusion. I see how my original message wasn’t terribly clear. But I have three terminals on my current switch. Each with their own wire connected.
You can learn about the functionality of your 3 position key switch in the VEHICLE CONTROLS section of your operators manual.

The part numbers for the 3 position key switches and keys can be found in the KEYSWITCHES section in the Illustrated Parts List for your particular cart. I believe there are at least two different uncommon switches/keys.
cart12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 09:52 AM   #8
BuckeyeAaron
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart12 View Post
You can learn about the functionality of your 3 position key switch in the VEHICLE CONTROLS section of your operators manual.

The part numbers for the 3 position key switches and keys can be found in the KEYSWITCHES section in the Illustrated Parts List for your particular cart. I believe there are at least two different uncommon switches/keys.
Thanks. I’ll look for manuals online. I’ve also reached out to a local locksmith and they think they can cut a key if I bring the ignition switch to their shop so I’ll see where that goes.
Old 01-03-2024, 10:04 AM   #9
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Might be this, PN 105082001

But call a dealership and confirm.

https://usource.parts/club-car-keysw...105082001.html

On the onward or tempo, the key positions are OFF-ACC-RUN.
ACC is accessories, so lights etc.
RUN is ready to drive.
TheCartBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 12:22 PM   #10
BuckeyeAaron
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCartBoy View Post
Might be this, PN 105082001

But call a dealership and confirm.

https://usource.parts/club-car-keysw...105082001.html

On the onward or tempo, the key positions are OFF-ACC-RUN.
ACC is accessories, so lights etc.
RUN is ready to drive.
That definitely looks like the one I have. This is a big help. I’ll connect with the local dealer to confirm. Thank you so much
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car