lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2021, 09:24 PM   #1
gibbywmu
Not Yet Wild

Default No Reverse after Solenoid/FR Replacement??

Hi All,

1993 Club Car DS 36V. I will post pics of the new F&R Switch as well as the new solendoid in the morning.........

First issue was no forward or reverse, or very, very intermittently. Changed out the forward/reverse switch 2 days ago. That did not solve the problem. Today, I changed out the solenoid. Now, I have forward (drove a mile or so with 0 issues), but I have NO reverse!

I'm almost certain that I rewired the forward/reverse switch correctly, as well as the solenoid.

What could I be missing? The microswitches seem fine, all of them click, and the buzzer works. Simply no reverse. I can hear the solenoid clicking, but just does not move.
gibbywmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2021, 09:52 PM   #2
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: No Reverse after Solenoid/FR Replacement??

what year cart ? ...what voltage cart ?... take pics of the wiring and post back ...
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 05:03 AM   #3
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

This should be your f/r switch wiring..Green goes to #3 battery pos for 18v in reverse..

movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 08:13 AM   #4
gibbywmu
Not Yet Wild

Here are some pictures of the F/R Switch, Solenoid, and Controller. No loose wires at the controller either so I am still stumped. Not sure what I am missing here, but you'll notice this is a newer style F/R switch from the one I had before. I have it wired just as the drawing says........

I also made sure to clean off all of the terminals when I rewired everything. Apologize for some of the pictures as I can't seem to figure out why they are not uploading in the correct orientation! Let me know if additional pics are needed.

Is it possible that I switched the micro switches around? I didn't think that I did, they pretty much were "stuck" in that orientation when I removed them, so it would have been difficult to reverse them since the wires would've gotten kinked. I also never removed any of the micro switch wires from their terminals.

For about $10 I could replace all of those micro switches if needed, no idea if that would help?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-1721.jpg (197.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-1723.jpg (166.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-1722.jpg (90.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-1725.jpg (211.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-1726.jpg (199.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-05-2021, 08:35 AM   #5
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

The diagram shows white, blue orange and it looks (to me) like you have blue, white, orange (I can't really see where the white wire is going).
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 08:46 AM   #6
gibbywmu
Not Yet Wild

I have it wired exactly like the drawing shows. From front view, blue goes on top left post, white goes on bottom right post.

From Rear view, orange goes on bottom right post, and the blue goes on the bottom left post.

It may be hard to see because of the angle of the picture, but its wired just like the drawing says to.
Old 08-05-2021, 09:12 AM   #7
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well that's not it then......
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:28 AM   #8
gibbywmu
Not Yet Wild

I am seriously stumped on this! I read on another post if I hear the solenoid clicking when I push the pedal (for reverse), then it is NOT the micro switch? I also read that I could swap the orange and blue wire, then it should go full speed reverse when the directional switch is still in forward. If it works, then it is a controller issue (yikes.........looks like those are about 500?).

Is there a way to test the micro switches even though I hear them clicking? I'm assuming the one closest to the batteries is the reverse micro switch. That's what initiates the buzzer when I press it.

Are there any fuses or anything I should be looking for??
Old 08-05-2021, 11:11 AM   #9
gibbywmu
Not Yet Wild

UPDATE: I just swapped the Orange/Blue wire on the backside of the F/R switch (I read that on another post). So now, the reverse is working when the switch is in the F position.

Now what? Is this a bad controller or a bad microswitch? I would think the motor is fine since it can run full speed forward and probably reverse (reverse in the test I just did).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-1727.jpg (168.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-05-2021, 11:33 AM   #10
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Sorry I'm late to the party. I read all the above posts and the first thing I saw was that you had the reverse buzzer wiring on micro #3 instead of micro #2, but I see that has since been remedied. If the car is going forward in reverse and reverse in forward, swap the S1 and S2 wires on the switch. These are the wires that are connected to the pivot points on the back of the switch just below the micro switches. Looks like you have phillips screws in them. That's fine if you can get them tight enough. They're supposed to have hex head bolts there.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car