lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2021, 07:31 AM   #11
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: Looking for replacement battery vent caps, CC Precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Do you know how old the batteries are? Have you checked the voltage on all of the batteries? What about the water level in them?
The PD+ batteries are not known for longevity. I’d make a thorough check of those to see what kind of condition they’re in, before spending any money on battery caps. New batteries might be the smarter move.
Especially check the voltage on the pack before and after driving the cart. Make sure to take it for a Long drive and see how far the pack voltage drops and check if any one or two batteries are falling further than the rest.
What's nice about these caps , they can move right over onto a new pack . This is the second pack my caps have been on. As I said before they just need to be cleaned every once in a while .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2021, 07:33 AM   #12
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

To clean the vents, its pretty simple.

CLEANING WATER MISER BATTERY VENTS - As some batteries age, they will produce greater amounts of lead oxide as the interior plates degrade through normal usage. If this is the case, you would notice a sticky dark gray residue on the inside of the caps. In some cases, this will cause the Water Miser's to not function at 100% capacity. Solution....Clean the Water Misers using a baking soda and water solution to loosen the buildup inside the cap. Mix a 10 to 1 water to baking soda solution in a bucket or small bowl. Let the vent sit overnight to neutralize and break down any electrolyte in the caps. Next take a closed cap and force water through the vent holes in the top of the green portion of the flip-top. Water should drip freely through vent holes. If water passes through the vent holes, you know the pathway is clear. Let the vents dry. Once dried, shake the vent to make sure the condensing beads on the inside of the vent slightly rattle. If you do not hear the beads, let dry for an additional 12 hours or repeat the process above.
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 08:53 AM   #13
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

FYI almost any shop that sells cart batteries could probably supply you with stock caps off of core batteries. I've done it for people numerous times.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 09:39 AM   #14
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
What's nice about these caps , they can move right over onto a new pack . This is the second pack my caps have been on. As I said before they just need to be cleaned every once in a while .
Well, I know that, but my point was that rather than spend $75 on new caps he/she could spend $900 on new batteries instead, and get free new caps with the batteries.
That sorta makes sense right...

All kidding aside, I'm sure the flow system caps are a great addition to any battery. They seem cumbersome to me, and that they need frequent maintenance or cleaning adds to down-time. But if you are only taking care of one or two carts, probably not a big deal for most people.

Still, the PD+ batteries are always suspect IMO. They tend to get the snot run out of them and mistreatment leads to a short service life.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car