lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2021, 09:42 AM   #11
Unicorn
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Limp Mode Troubleshooting After Controller Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg-g View Post
Couple of things good troubleshooting above the red and black wire from the speed sensor should have 15 volts not five there are two things that can cause limp mode speed sensor and solenoid also you should check the programming to make sure it wasn't reset to Speed code 1. One more item there's a lot of people the throw-in bigger mosfets and say they upgraded the controller but the seepex controllers need to be reprogrammed to use that and unless they change the field map you're not going to get any more current out of that controller.
I’m guessing it’s limp mode and not speed code 1 because I don’t get a rollaway beeping as I did before when I push the cart while switched to “run” and the key to “on.” Controller rebuilder said they do not typically change anything related to the speed setting. The company that rebuilt it may send me another rebuilt one to see if it works for troubleshooting. I’ll try to test the stated wiring when I’m home next.
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2021, 03:37 PM   #12
Unicorn
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg-g View Post
Couple of things good troubleshooting above the red and black wire from the speed sensor should have 15 volts not five there are two things that can cause limp mode speed sensor and solenoid also you should check the programming to make sure it wasn't reset to Speed code 1. One more item there's a lot of people the throw-in bigger mosfets and say they upgraded the controller but the seepex controllers need to be reprogrammed to use that and unless they change the field map you're not going to get any more current out of that controller.
First step. If I’m correct about identifying pins, I have the red probe on the red wire and the black prob on the black wire at the controller and I’m reading about 15v. This is in the run position, key to on, without the accelerator down. Disconnecting the speed sensor near the motor and I am reading the same 15v. Sound right? I have power to the sensor wire and to the sensor?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F622B77E-B0CE-403A-83E9-BAB08676FE7E.jpg (244.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-31-2021, 07:32 PM   #13
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had a IQ cart that I thought had a bad speed sensor. It would start out normal then fall back to limp mode. Driving to trouble shoot I notice that the solenoid did not click when go pedal was pressed but cart ran. Welded contacts in solenoid. Replaced solenoid cart back to normal. Just a thought.
Goober11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 07:41 PM   #14
Unicorn
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober11 View Post
I had a IQ cart that I thought had a bad speed sensor. It would start out normal then fall back to limp mode. Driving to trouble shoot I notice that the solenoid did not click when go pedal was pressed but cart ran. Welded contacts in solenoid. Replaced solenoid cart back to normal. Just a thought.
Good input. My solenoid is clicking every time. Again. Everything worked before co troller replacement. Solenoid passes inspection and testing.
Old 09-02-2021, 10:22 AM   #15
Unicorn
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober11 View Post
Thanks for the thought. My solenoid is clicking every time. I seem to have power to the speed sensor (approximately 15v at red and black cables at the controller and at the sensor) but it’s like there is no communication even when the speed sensor and/or magnet is swapped.
Old 09-10-2021, 04:04 PM   #16
Unicorn
Gone Wild

Club Car

Closing the loop. First rebuilt controller could not read the speed sensor. Rebuilding company sent a second rebuilt one and it works without issue. Back to 21mph and the beeping/resistance is back on rollaway. Thanks to everyone who helped.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BCBBEA77-3DDA-4508-A60B-C898848B0356.jpg (26.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-11-2021, 07:41 AM   #17
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Thanks for the update, glad they took care of you.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car