lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2021, 09:55 PM   #1
singlespeeder71
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 95 Club car used to take off quicker I thought

Hello all,
I have a 95 Club car with single solenoid and the controller box. Bought it 10 years as is all stock except for a newer solenoid. This is the 2nd time I have had to have the controller rebuilt. This time the person that did it said the shell was no good so he sold me a used one and put the new electrics in it. When I put it back on, I noticed it seemed sluggish to go. I believe it took off quicker before. I had marked all wires ie: B+,M+, the 1,2,3 wires etc. Is it just my bad mind or could it be something isn't right inside the controller? It works fine besides that and will run 18 mph with stock size wheels. Batteries are new at 4 months old. They charge up to 46.8v I also just replaced every wire with 4 guage SGX wire to replace the worn out stock wired. Still does the same thing. But at least now these wires don't burn your hands to touch. Any ideas? Thanks
singlespeeder71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2021, 10:16 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: 95 Club car used to take off quicker I thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlespeeder71 View Post
Hello all,
I have a 95 Club car with single solenoid and the controller box. Bought it 10 years as is all stock except for a newer solenoid. This is the 2nd time I have had to have the controller rebuilt. This time the person that did it said the shell was no good so he sold me a used one and put the new electrics in it. When I put it back on, I noticed it seemed sluggish to go. I believe it took off quicker before. I had marked all wires ie: B+,M+, the 1,2,3 wires etc. Is it just my bad mind or could it be something isn't right inside the controller? It works fine besides that and will run 18 mph with stock size wheels. Batteries are new at 4 months old. They charge up to 46.8v I also just replaced every wire with 4 guage SGX wire to replace the worn out stock wired. Still does the same thing. But at least now these wires don't burn your hands to touch. Any ideas? Thanks
18 mph is pretty good for a stock 95 DS. 46.8 volts is awful. (about 25% charged) Check again after charging and you might want to check your meter.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 08:11 AM   #3
singlespeeder71
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the reply Mooncarter but per Carts Unlimited info I thought 46.8 v charged for the 36 v battery system was on the money as stated below from website. Also once I unhook charger they rest at 38.4 . Did I misread something ?

How high can you go charging a 6 volt battery?

Lead acid wet batteries max cell voltage under charge is 2.583 volts per cell (vpc) x 3 cell per 6v battery = 7.75v per battery or 46.5v per 36v pack. Most charger auto cutoff is between 45.5 and 46.5v
Old 09-02-2021, 08:33 AM   #4
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

My guess is Mooncarter thought you had a 48V cart (as did I). If you post up some more details about your cart it should help
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 10:48 AM   #5
singlespeeder71
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 93 Club car used to take off quicker I thought

Sorry ,and thank you and i was probably wrong about being a 95 as It is a series cart pre 95. i believe its a 1993. It is a 36 volt ClubCar with single solenoid and controller box. Batteries are basically new, and the stock original charger charges batteries to 48.6 bolts and turns off. Resting voltage off of charger once charged is 38.2 volts so Im assuming everything is good there.
Old 09-02-2021, 03:36 PM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: 93 Club car used to take off quicker I thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlespeeder71 View Post
Sorry ,and thank you and i was probably wrong about being a 95 as It is a series cart pre 95. i believe its a 1993. It is a 36 volt ClubCar with single solenoid and controller box. Batteries are basically new, and the stock original charger charges batteries to 48.6 bolts and turns off. Resting voltage off of charger once charged is 38.2 volts so Im assuming everything is good there.
Therein lies the confusion. The charger is putting out 48.6 volts at the end of the cycle, it is not charging them "up to 48.6 volts."

Also, Club Car did not make a 36 volt solid state cart in 1995.

Now that we have that cleared up let's proceed.

It does not sound like a V-Glide problem to me. My best guess is whoever rebuilt the controller did something to reduce torque and increase top end. 18 mph is unheard of in a stock 36 volt cart with stock wheels and tires.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 06:18 AM   #7
singlespeeder71
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

thank you. Ill look into getting maybe an upgrade or another rebuild. It was an immediate change when i bolted the charger on. I didnt think about changing torque and speed. Thanks again
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car