lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2021, 01:49 AM   #1
Rockten
Not Yet Wild

Default Is this back seat OEM for 2010 Club Car?

Hi guys. When I bought my 2010 Precedent last year, I got it with an old back seat that I disassembled months ago do do other repairs on the cart. See attached pics of the back seat when I bought the cart and the last pic is how I have it now, trying to restore it.

The back seat was attched to the OEM roof supports, unlike aftermarket ones I know that come with their own roof supports. Based on the latter I thought that it that the back seat could be OEM but the back seat I saw in the 2010+ parts manual looks different.

My problem is that I dissembled it months ago (thinking that I could re-assemble it easily again) but I cannot remember fully how it was attached to the cart. If it is not OEM I should look for an aftermarket instalaation guide. Can you advise?

Thanks in advance for all answers.
Rockten is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2021, 06:35 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Is this back seat OEM for 2010 Club Car?

Looks like the angle are all wrong for the back seat. From what I can see in your pics, I don't think that rear seat kit was intended for a Precedent. Someone rigged it to "kind of" fit. Take a look at how this seat kit fits (Special thanks to boomer15- 1st Precedent side view I came across). Specifically the how the backrests mount.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg precedent side.jpg (183.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by meimk; 09-13-2021 at 06:35 AM.. Reason: typo
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 07:10 AM   #3
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Is this back seat OEM for 2010 Club Car?

I agree, Its not something i would be happy to sit on. It looks like it is only secured to the bag well and foot plate. It should also be secured to the cart
frame through the body panels up close to the front seat. All the weight of passengers is too far back as it is.That is why you usually have to remove the OEM seat back/basket holder and install the new rear supports supplied with the kit.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car