lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2021, 12:57 PM   #1
TheFlyingSwede
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Cart DS solid state conversion

Hello all,
I just purchased a 1981 Club Cart DS. I quickly learned that there were such things as resistor coils and rusty old solenoids. Through some more research I've found Scotty B's website carts unlimited with the conversion kits. The kits look great but I wanted to confirm a couple things before I ordered. If anyone knows the answer, I'd appreciate the help.

1. With my cart being a 1981, will I be able to get an upgraded motor as apparently Club Cart swapped to a 10-spline motor in 1985?
2. Has anyone heard from Scotty B in a while? I've emailed twice with no response.
3. Has anyone here converted a early 1981? How was the workload?

Appreciate the help in advance!!!
TheFlyingSwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2021, 08:19 AM   #2
Ffemt1974
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club Cart DS solid state conversion

I upgraded my 87 with Scotty B's kit. Love it! Its a lot of writing but his instructions are spot on and he even has a post on here showing the install. He is usually pretty quick to get back to you so he might be on vacation ot something.
Ffemt1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 09:35 AM   #3
TheFlyingSwede
Not Yet Wild

Great, thanks! Since mine is a 1981, I'm trying to figure out if the Admiral motor that's in one of the kits will fit mine drive. Judging from some of the things I've read I don't think it will and I may have to find a refurbished newer drive.
Old 09-23-2021, 03:25 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The early CC are 16 spline and the modern motors are 10. The change year was not exact. Customers find 10 spine motors in carts as early as 1985 and 16 spline as late as 1987. Best to remove your motor and check because these rear ends are easily swapped from cart to cart...further complicating the identification.

Also just a heads up at this time (sept 2021) we have no motors in stock for this cart. The supply line is covid broke.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 09:43 PM   #5
TheFlyingSwede
Not Yet Wild

This is great info. So if I swap the transaxle to a newer version, I would then be up to the next hurdle of finding a motor. Surely I can find one 10 spline motor somewhere.

Scotty B, do you still kits in stock to convert to solid state? Any issues with those? Thanks!
Old 09-30-2021, 11:14 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We have all size conversion kits in stock C32-C64.
Plus the new IQ conversion with 10 or 14 hp motor.
We have been providing these kits for over 10 years. Early kits had some issues with the FSIP controllers failing in extreme humidity but the upgrade to Alltrax controls has eliminated that issue.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car