lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2022, 10:01 AM   #1
ccmax
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club Car No Reverse

Hello everyone, I have a 91 CC that I did a full solid state conversion from 36v to 48v from Scotty B, C64 package with SR48600 controller and Admiral MOT A1 Motor and all other available upgrade options 3 years ago. Right from the start I would have periodic issues where it would not move in reverse, solenoid always clicked, reverse buzzer always came on just no movement. Sometimes I could hit the throttle foot peddle on and of a few times and it would all of a sudden start moving in reverse, other times no matter how many times I tried it, still wouldn't work. I replaced the F & R rocker switch thinking that was the problem but with no change, new trojans, onboard Lester Summit 2 650 watt charger. Went through every wire connection multiple times with cart on jacks and throttle pedal depressed with a block of wood to see when reverse would kick in and nothing. Solenoid (MZJ400Amp) clicks every time how ever the other day while doing the test I just mentioned I lightly tapped the solenoid with a small hammer and the wheels starting going in reverse, I tried this several times and it pretty much worked each time however sometimes after tapping it forward would stop working until I tapped it again. Could this problem simply be that something is wrong with that heavy duty MZJ400 amp solenoid and has been from the start?
Any input would be greatly appreciated, as I have been losing a lot of hair over this pretty much every weekend.
ccmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2022, 10:23 AM   #2
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club Car No Reverse

Certainly sounds like you found the issue, Scottyb can certainly shed more light on this than i can :)
mrmotoguzzi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 10:52 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You can check 2 things with this solenoid, One remove the blck bottom cap and ensure the points are closed when it is off, open when it clicks closed. Everytime.

Remove the top brown cap and inspect the 4 high amperage contacts for burn spots.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 02:20 PM   #4
ccmax
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Scotty,
Sorry for the delay with a response but i didnt want to bother you until i did exstensive testing.
So after another weekend of pulling my hair out over this, here's where i'm at
tested motor thats good switched cables and it runs in both directions,
tested old solinoid thats good but replaced with a new one anyway, F/R rocker switch good tested by switching wires and pole position, had a new one also, controllers good tested that soooo the reverse contactor, i can feel it clicking when i try in forward and reverse but when i switch the S1 and S2 cables on it, the cart will then only run in reverse with no forward, put them back and i'm back to original promblem of only forward working and no reverse. So im prosuming this must be the problem ? also i noticed on the contactors label it says coil voltage 36 V DC contact current 400A
My cart is 48v would this have contributed to the problem ?
ccmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car