lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2022, 12:31 PM   #1
120sand
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2008 Precedent voltage reducer question

I have a 2008, 48v (4-12's) Precedent that I installed a new LED light package on a few months ago- included a new bucket harness. Instructions had me plug the 12 v wire from the bucket harness into the pigtail on the 3rd battery positive post.
I've always been concerned about having all of the 12 v power run from one battery, so I'm looking at installing a 48-12v reducer and I see a number of posts about running the output from the reducer to the key switch.
Is there some reason i cant just plug the 12v wire from the harness into the 12v output from the reducer?

Thanks for the info
120sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2022, 11:36 PM   #2
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2008 Precedent voltage reducer question

The output from the reducer is 12v the key switch is 48v.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 09:18 PM   #3
120sand
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So then i guess the only place i can connect the voltage reducer to is the 12 volt wire from the bucket harness that is currently plugged into the #3 battery.

Wont there be a draw on the voltage reducer even when no accessories are on?

Thanks.
120sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 09:39 PM   #4
expoman55
Getting Wild
Club Car

Why not just get a 48v reducer to 12v out then it will use the full output ( all batteries)
48v and drop it to 12v? the cost of reducer may outweigh that of a battery replacement.
expoman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car