lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2022, 12:47 AM   #1
Geemonty
Not Yet Wild

Default 02 CC DS Batteries not charging.

I have an 02 CC ds. It doesn't want to charge. At one point it was charging but after installing a new alltrax controller it no longer does. I suspected there is some setting that is telling the obc not to let it charge or the new OBC I installed had failed. I checked battery voltage and its high enough ~49V. I can actually drive it around. I tried connecting a non golf cart smart charger I use for an rv directly to the battery pack. It tells me the pack has full charge and wont turn on. Not sure what the issue is. I would assume it was the OBC but the smart charger wont charge the pack either. Any suggestions?
Geemonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2022, 07:27 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 02 CC DS Batteries not charging.

Your RV smart charger (for house batteries?) is probably not capable of 48 volts. Probably 12 volts, but almost certainly no more that 24 volts. Was the OBC changed along with the Alltrax conversion or prior? I hesitate to jump to failed new, but we all know it can happen. I would be inclined to double & triple check all the charge port & OBC connections - don't forget that little 3/8th amp fuse in the yellow in-line holder.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 10:22 AM   #3
Geemonty
Not Yet Wild

LOL I didn't even think about that. Yeah it is just a 12v charger SMH.

The OBC was changed before by someone else. They never got it working so I took over. The battery pack was very low like ~24v. The cart wouldn't move but I was able to charge the pack by jumping it to get the charger working. After more troubleshooting I found that the stock Curtis controller was blown and the wiring harness had connectivity issues so I repaired it. I installed the new alltrax controller I ordered. Cart now runs but won't charge. I tried 2 different golf cart chargers, an scaauto 48v 5a I have from another club car as well as the original powerdrive model 17930 my dad always used before. Both chargers work on the other club car no issues.

I did check both fuses, I actually ruined the expensive when disconnected the wires to it. Such a stupid fuse design. Not sure why they use some unmarked proprietary fuse, wish I had the amp rating for it so I could use a more readily available fuse, assuming its rated between 17-20 amps. I did check the 3 wires and they appear to be connecting. The alltrax controller even detects it as it wont move when I plug it in. I will check them again though. I might test this OBC on the other cart see if it will charge.
Old 07-28-2022, 05:09 AM   #4
Geemonty
Not Yet Wild

Update:

I have been workign on this cart which belongs to my parents. My brother also has a club car that is currently without batteries so I asked him if I could borrow his OBC. I connected everything to my dads cart and it ran and charged just fine. So not the OBC/Alltrax interaction I initially suspected. The OBC, even though its a new one, was not working properly. My dad informed me that he still had the original "broken" OBC that was replaced by the repair shop. Out of curiosity I hooked it up it worked. Cart is now 100%! These forums have been such a great help. Now just to finish up the Denver Broncos themed paint job I convinced my dad to do.
Old 07-28-2022, 06:32 AM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Glad you got it! Happy carting.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car