lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2010, 07:51 PM   #1
BATCART
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Exclamation 93 Club Car unable to stay at any speed without drop in power

Hi There, I just finished customizing a 93 ds into the Batcart.... I cannot seem to maintain any speed without a drastic loss in power. I start out like you would expect, hit about 10 to 15 kms and bang...back to nothing. There is no audible concerns and i think i have trouble-shot this to death. I have removed carb,cleaned, replaced with new jet (courtesy of dixie sales). I have supercharged battery, checked electrical connections, I have tried Carb adjustments to no avail... I thought the governor had something to do with it so i held onto it while driving.....no change. The governor does work though.
Just to be clear, it starts fine but will not hold a consistent speed...its like the motor is slamming on the brakes !!!
Rev limiter ??? if so explain why so i can understand....maybe the micro switches ?
BATCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2010, 06:28 AM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 93 Club Car unable to stay at any speed without drop in power

Cut the ground wire from the limiter and zip tie the governor. It's all explained in the stickies at the top of this page.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 01:20 PM   #3
BATCART
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Will be trying tommorow.....but I would love a backup plan ! Anyone else have a thought ?
Old 07-03-2010, 01:30 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

did you lift the cart? if so check the oil level as lifting it throws it off and people end up overfilling it...................i have seen that effect running like that and another thing can you disconnect exhauset at engine get about an inch gap and drive it see if it still does it..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 05:12 PM   #5
BATCART
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Just diconnected rev limiter....can drive now, it doesn't cut out...but concerned about rpms until tach is installed... I want to look at carb now, maybe someone can tell me rough guesses on "turns" for idle screw and air screw ??? From the seated position .... Also, I find without the limiter that the motor wants to keep revving while I keep the pedal level. I installed the carb jet from the sponsor fyi.....
Old 07-04-2010, 08:58 AM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

make sure you put a tach on or you,ll wish you did.....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car