lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2011, 09:37 AM   #1
libertybellcdr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Battery Maintenance Schedule

Yesterday I rebuilt and rustoleum coated a new battery tray. I want to do my best to keep the battery tray and batteries as clean as possible. What is the recommended maintence schedule & cleaning supplies to use in order to keep everything clean and properly working.

I'm assuming battery terminal cleaner and a wire brush is a good start...
libertybellcdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2011, 09:48 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery Maintenance Schedule

Your goal is to keep it so clean you never need a wire brush

The ugly globs of green, white, & yellow corrosion are produced when the vapors given off by charging contact the battery terminal connections. If the battery terminal connections are properly coated in a protectant there should be no ugly globs.... In order to do this every surface must be coated. I use a Deka spray on product like this:
Spray the battery terminal
Spray the underside of the cable end
Install Cable and spray the top side
Reapply spray from opposite side of the cart to insure 100% coverage.... Never overfill your batteries as this will cause them to 'boil over' during charge and damage the trays.... Use compressed or blower air to clean dust from battery tops and every few months use water sparingly to rinse the tops off ~ reapply protector once a month after you re-torque the nuts....

I'm sure others can add to this, but it's the basics
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:52 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Some helpful information ~ You will find more on the carts unlimited website under battery tutorials, including proper battery break in procedures for those new batteries
Attached Images
File Type: jpg battery2.jpg (18.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Batterytable1-1.jpg (88.7 KB, 27 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:16 PM   #4
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just wondering if something like Rino liner could be applied to the tray to seal it better than just paint? Does anyone make a plastic tray like they use in the back of a SUV to protect the carpet. I see all these under seat storage trays and like a battery box I figured there would be some type of liner available.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:11 PM   #5
Checkride
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The best paint I found for the frame, and battery tray is POR-15. They have a surface cleaner and prep material to be applied before painting. This stuff won't chip, peal, or crack, resist chemicals, can be brushed, rolled or sprayed; can be top coated. They have a 100% solids epoxy that trowels on and does a very nice job of filling pitted steal and actually adds back strength. http://www.por15.com/default.asp
Checkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO