lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2011, 07:44 PM   #1
SMITH2373
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1994 ezgo problem will not go!

My problem started as an intermittent problem but now I can't get the cart to do anything at all now. I have read how to test the solenoid and the controller and I replaced the solenoid anyway. Below is what I have come up with so far.

serial # off the cart= 846302
code # 03p94

Connect (-) probe of meter on Battery Pack Negative (-) post. (This probe will on the post for the rest of the testing procedures) Connect (+) probe to the Battery Pack Positive (+) battery post. (This reading is the Battery Voltage and the amount of POWER TO THE CONTROLLER -35.5
NOW, Key switch ON, gear selector in FORWARD, Place the (+) probe on the battery side of the solenoid's large post 35.5
Place the (+) probe to the controller side of the solenoid's large post. The reading should be 0.1 to 3 volts less than battery voltage.35.4 If the reading is more than 3 volts less the battery voltage, the resistor is faulty. If the voltage is the same as the battery voltage, replace the solenoid.

What should I do now. replace the controller? I tried testing voltage coming back out of the controller but I am not real sure which wire/wires I should be testing. Are there any other tests I should be doing? THE HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!
SMITH2373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2011, 08:59 PM   #2
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1994 ezgo problem will not go!

35.5 volts is not enough. I would suspect a bad battery pack. Jack up the rear wheels of the cart and support on jackstands then do the 3rd test again (the one where you got 35.4) but this time lightly press the accelerator pedal. Does the voltage drop rapidly?
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:08 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
35.5 volts is not enough. I would suspect a bad battery pack. Jack up the rear wheels of the cart and support on jackstands then do the 3rd test again (the one where you got 35.4) but this time lightly press the accelerator pedal. Does the voltage drop rapidly?
Rabbit, you are a freaking saint to got through this

Enjoyed BS-ing with you on the phone today!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:54 PM   #4
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Always a pleasure to talk to you Scotty..... too bad we are on opposite sides of the country or I am sure you and I would have alot of fun and get in some serious trouble!
Old 01-11-2011, 08:12 AM   #5
SMITH2373
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I know my cart does not have a full charge on it. I am going to fully charge it tonight. The voltage does drop when I depress the pedal. Should I test each battery individually? Shouldn't the cart do something even with low volts?
Old 01-11-2011, 08:53 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If the voltage is dropping too low you may get nothing. Sometimes a bad battery will show voltage standing but that voltage will disappear as soon as any load is applied.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #7
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

In MOST cases, if the total pack voltage of a 36 volt cart drops below 31.5 volts you will get absolutely nothing out of the cart. No movement, no shudder, nothing at all.

you can test each individual battery in the same manner that you did this last test and it should point out which battery/batteries are bad.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:36 PM   #8
SMITH2373
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sounds good. Hopefully it is not the batteries. I just replaced them last year. I found a used controller off of ebay last night for $85.00 and it looked to be a good deal being most I have been looking at were $180.00 + so tonight I am going to check to see how far my voltage is dropping with a full charge. Should I disconnect each battery before testing? By the best of my memory this is one of the first things I done and I am wanting to say most of my batteries had 6 volts but two. One was around 3ish and another I swear was around 12 ish... That is def. not right...Right? I have checked the wiring schematic and they are wired correctly + to -.. Thanks for all the help you guys have already given me.. It is greatly appreciated!!!

JUST rechecked the voltage coming from each battery all are 5.9 or greater now up to 6.2...after aprox. 2 hr charge
Old 01-11-2011, 08:41 PM   #9
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Stop charging the cart.... you need to be running this test in a weakened battery state...... If you fully charge the cart, all you are going to get is false readings due to high surface voltage.

run the test now while the batteries are weak and any that are bad will be quite obvious.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:08 AM   #10
SMITH2373
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Stop charging the cart.... you need to be running this test in a weakened battery state...... If you fully charge the cart, all you are going to get is false readings due to high surface voltage.

run the test now while the batteries are weak and any that are bad will be quite obvious.
when I first started messing with the cart is when I checked the batteries the first time and got readings all over the board... The cart had been setting for more than 4 mos. without a charge on it. When I started charging the cart the volts all leveled out to 5.9-6.2 volts each. When I depress the pedal now and check the volts through the solenoid the volts drop to around 31 volts and climbs back up to 32ish and stay there.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO