lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2011, 12:06 PM   #1
GunsUp
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO 36v state of charge meter help

Last night I installed a state of charge meter in my recently purchased project cart, 2007 TXT/PDS.

I "believe" I followed the diagrams as found on other threads.

I have have a 2 position on/off key switch. I grabbed the red wire from the key and put it on terminal 4 of the SOC meter. Terminal 1 went to the positive of battery 1 and terminal 2 went to the negative of battery 6.

All seemed pretty easy. The batteries were at full charge when meter was installed. I took about a 10 minute drive through our neighborhood, which has some hills, stereo playing and headlights on, the whole bit. I continued to listen to the stereo as I worked on other parts of the project for about another hour and a half. I left the cart off the charger overnight and this morning when I checked it, the meter is still pegged at "full".

Also, the meter remains lit even with the key in the off position.

Have I missed something? Does the meter have to "program" in some way?

I'm very new to all this...but loving every minute of it. I wouldn't have half it figured out if it werent for this forum.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!!

GUNS UP!!
GunsUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2011, 01:18 PM   #2
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: EZGO 36v state of charge meter help

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsUp View Post
I have have a 2 position on/off key switch. I grabbed the red wire from the key and put it on terminal 4 of the SOC meter. Terminal 1 went to the positive of battery 1 and terminal 2 went to the negative of battery 6.
If you have a Curtis meter this is correct.
Quote:
All seemed pretty easy. The batteries were at full charge when meter was installed. I took about a 10 minute drive through our neighborhood, which has some hills, stereo playing and headlights on, the whole bit. I continued to listen to the stereo as I worked on other parts of the project for about another hour and a half. I left the cart off the charger overnight and this morning when I checked it, the meter is still pegged at "full".
This is normal, you don't use any real power in 10 minutes.
Quote:
Also, the meter remains lit even with the key in the off position. Have I missed something? Does the meter have to "program" in some way?
Connect the #4 wire to the other terminal on your keyswitch (the switched side not the hot side)
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO