lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2011, 09:54 AM   #1
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Solenoid question 36 or 48v

OK since the last post was a lurker fest with no response, I will take this to the basic question. If I am currently 36v and plan to upgrade down the road to 48. I will be purchasing a controller first before the battery upgrade and plan to run with it at 36 for a little while.

Here is the question.

Can you run a 48v solenoid at 36 volts or should I get both a 36 and 48 volt when I get the new Alltrax DCX?

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2011, 10:00 AM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Solenoid question 36 or 48v

Maybe. It seems to be hit or miss on whether 36v will fire a 48v solenoid. You will need the 48v solenoid when you go to 48v anyways, so my logic says buy it then, not now.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:29 AM   #3
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

also spawn, you can run a 48v system with a 36v solenoid. this what i have, altho it is a hd model . in the long run maybe the contacts are stronger on a 48v solenoid so you may want to upgrade at some point. really wish someone would tear apart a 36hd and a 48hd and see what the differences are.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:28 PM   #4
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by madoc1 View Post
also spawn, you can run a 48v system with a 36v solenoid. This what i have, altho it is a hd model . In the long run maybe the contacts are stronger on a 48v solenoid so you may want to upgrade at some point. Really wish someone would tear apart a 36hd and a 48hd and see what the differences are.
ditto
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:41 PM   #5
BLakeside
Gone Wild

The problem with using a 48v solenoid is that if it works at all 36v it won't hold contacts closed as tight, possably arcing and pitting the contact points inside the solenoid.This could shorten the life of your new solenoid. Some solenoids may be listed as 36v and 48v activation.

Barry
BLakeside is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO