lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2011, 10:25 PM   #1
provideo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default How tall is a normal top from floorboard to roof?

I am in the planning stage of my vintage EZ-GO rebuild. I do not have a top and I would like to build a custom version that is unique. Here is my "as purchased" before shot:

And here is a computer drawing of the top I would like to build and a possible paint scheme:

Would anyone have a suggestion as to how tall the roof should be from the floor? This is my first golf cart and I am learning as I go.

Thanks,
Mike
provideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2011, 10:33 PM   #2
todo_brane_ded
.....He, not ME

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How tall is a normal top from floorboard to roof?

Quote:
Originally Posted by provideo View Post
I am in the planning stage of my vintage EZ-GO rebuild. I do not have a top and I would like to build a custom version that is unique. Here is my "as purchased" before shot:

And here is a computer drawing of the top I would like to build and a possible paint scheme:

Would anyone have a suggestion as to how tall the roof should be from the floor? This is my first golf cart and I am learning as I go.

Thanks,
Mike
I'm sure someone will chime in on the height but I just wanted make a general comment on the design. It looks great and certainly unique but I wonder how stiff it's going to be.

Without some support in the front of the cart I would think that it's going to shake from side to side laterally.

JMO.....
todo_brane_ded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:38 PM   #3
provideo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Good catch sir......I have not even thought that far ahead yet but you are right. It will need cross bracing for side-to-side strength.
Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-01-2011, 11:54 PM   #4
provideo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Some type of "cross-brace web" will need to be added. Do you think this might work if built beefy enough?

Old 04-02-2011, 12:54 AM   #5
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: How tall is a normal top from floorboard to roof?

Make it just tall enough for you to get in and out of it!
No joking just make sure it's tall enough for you since it's custome made.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:59 AM   #6
stevegoff
Not Yet Wild

i think your design looks great and unique. from the golf cart floor to the canopy is 55" on mine. from the ground to the top of the canopy is 67". I am 6'1" and i wouldn't want it any shorter than the 55" it is. you can add or deduct from that. if you're 5"10 your top could be 52". if you're 6'3" it could be 57".
stevegoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:36 AM   #7
EZGO-MY-WALLET2
Gone Wild

I measured before seeing Steve's post and came up with the same (55" in center/outside however the top has a "bow" and is probably approx 54.5" in the front and rear). I also agree with Steve that much lower and you WILL hit your head at times getting in. I think they do look better a little lower and have thought about lowering mine a few times but decided against it.

Nice imagination on the top though, it will indeed be different.
EZGO-MY-WALLET2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:30 PM   #8
provideo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the measurements guys. I want to make it as close as possible to a factory standard in case I sale it down the road.

I actually plan to make the top "quickly removable" because I will be using the cart as a video camera platform also. I shoot video at events, i.e., car shows, motorcycle rallies, etc. so I will have quick release camera mounts incorporated in the design also.

Thanks again for the info,
Mike
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO