lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2011, 08:21 AM   #61
GoatRoper
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2008 PDS will not go

I bought 2 new solenoids from authorized ezgo parts stores. Neither one of the solenoids worked. The run/tow switch was taken off but when i tested the new solenoid i had put it back on and i think it was the same thing. No power. But i will put on the other solenoid at lunch and hook back up the run/tow switch and go from there.
GoatRoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2011, 02:55 PM   #62
GoatRoper
Not Yet Wild

Put on a new solenoid. Still nothing as far as driving. I did however get a little voltage reading from the small post. Almost 2 volts. And that is on the post with the blue wire. Was checking batteries again and the one battery that showed only 12V i thought might be low so i was going to put slow charge on it. Charging the back middle battery and the and the back battery closest to the charger because both of those were now showing a pack test of 36V. When i did that my charger wires got really hot? I guess this evening i will get under the card and trace the wires for the pedal and see if that could be a problem.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:43 PM   #63
GoatRoper
Not Yet Wild

Does anyone know how to test the micro switch to see if it's good. I talked with the guy who i bought the cart from and he told me it sounds like the micro switch or something is not getting power to the solenoid.???
Old 05-27-2011, 10:02 PM   #64
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You are getting close

The solenoid is a switch, the switch has an activation circuit. I have been trying to explain this but until now it seemed to be an uninteresting point. The solenoid needs a positive and a negative 36v charge at the 2 activation terminals to activate the switch across the big terminals...... A faulty micro-switch or key-switch or peddle switch could stop this signal from getting to the solenoid activation terminals
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:52 AM   #65
GoatRoper
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for your help Scotty. I'm a dunce when it comes to electrical parts but i'm all about learning so thank you. I'll start with replacing the micro switch and if that doesn't work i'll replace the other switch(s). I'm sure to figure it out by process of elimination. Thank you again.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:01 PM   #66
GoatRoper
Not Yet Wild

Well after all the test i went and took it the shop. it was the ITS in the pedal box. The only thing i couldn't figure out how to test. Works like a charm now. Thanks for you help.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #67
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Well ......... think of all you learned
I'm glad you are up and running. A bad ITS is not common but it does happen.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO