lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2011, 12:49 AM   #1
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Questions to satisfy my curiosity more than anything else.

I'm a Newbie to both Forum and Golf Carts, but I've been known to use tools and test equipment without damaging things too badly, or having too many parts left over.
I've had a 2008 Ez-Go TXT PDS w/Freedom plug, for a week and all I know about it, I've acquired directly, or indirectly, through this forum.

I'm sure some or all of these questions have been answered in the past, but I haven't found them in my searches.

1. What are the pros and cons on increasing wheel diameter? More speed - less torque - higher current requirements - more heat in motor.

2. What is the largest diameter wheel/tire that can be installed on a stock TXT without installing lift kit and/or motor/controller/battery pack (48v vs stock 36v) upgrades?

3. Are higher ampacity 36v controllers available that retain regen braking?

4. Has anyone tried putting switches in the jumper wires on J2 so the PDS modes can be changed without actually changing plugs?
(I don't think reprogramming the PDS controller on the fly would be a good idea, but I would like the option of preselecting the PDS mode to match the terrain/roads I'll be traveling on.)

5. Does anyone have a good source for Stainless Steel (or other rust resistant) hardware?
(Specifically - I'm looking for U-Bolts, or something similar, to install a seatbelt bracket rather than boring holes in the seatback brace, thereby weakening it IMO.)

PS - The end goal is a Safe, Comfortable, Docile and nice looking cart for a couple of senior citizens to drive around the neighborhood in.

Last edited by JohnnieB; 06-24-2011 at 12:59 AM.. Reason: added PS
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2011, 01:27 AM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: Questions to satisfy my curiosity more than anything else.

Questions

#
1--- if you install a lift to put larger tires like 22 or 23 you will need to upgrade your controller/ cables and more

2--- you can put 20" tires with out a lift

3--- yes

4--- http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ive-modes.html

5--- I'am sure they are out there
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:58 AM   #3
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

5. your local nut & bolt store, mcmaster-carr or fastenal
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:26 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info.

I'll probably wait until I need new tires before I go bigger, and I probably won't go bigger than 20", but I'm installing 2 gauge cables all the way to the motor anyway. (I believe in overkill)

Link to the PDS thread for Q#3 was very informative. Instead of running wiring to the dash, I'm going to add a couple toggle switches to the controller cover, or mount in a box nearby.
I'll have to stop and lift the seat to change modes, but I need the exercise...

If and when the controller goes, it gets replaced with a higher capacity unit.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:23 PM   #5
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Thanks for the info.

I'll probably wait until I need new tires before I go bigger, and I probably won't go bigger than 20", but I'm installing 2 gauge cables all the way to the motor anyway. (I believe in overkill)

Link to the PDS thread for Q#3 was very informative. Instead of running wiring to the dash, I'm going to add a couple toggle switches to the controller cover, or mount in a box nearby.
I'll have to stop and lift the seat to change modes, but I need the exercise...

If and when the controller goes, it gets replaced with a higher capacity unit.
I just put 20's on mine. I have a rotatable switch I made to go through all 4 modes. I am looking to relocate this and the switch to maybe where the shift lever goes but in the end I know sooner or later there is a controller and motor in my future so I just have it in the stock controller cover.

I just got a few extra speed chips to add switches to. I was gonna put them up for sale after I added the switches.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO