lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2011, 02:08 PM   #11
Cart54
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Picture request- speakers in the rear fenders

Thanks!

I would say, 5.25" speakers would fit better. The 6.5" hang over the edges just a bit, that's why I want to caulk it. The speakers do seal, but it doesn't look "perfect".

I tried to install them with speaker baffles but it didn't sound as good as not having them in there. If there was a way to convey the sound over the internet, you'd all be impressed. I've heard the roof mounted console speaker and it's day and night difference with having a decent cavity to mount these in.
Cart54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2011, 02:46 PM   #12
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I am in the marine business and just because it says marine does not mean it will hold up under those conditions. You have turned a speaker into a Soup Bowl or Glass of water. There is no drain hole in a speaker marine or otherwise. in a rear deck of a car is OK but that's about the only place they should be mounted like that. What are you going to do when your kid wants to help wash the cart and they fill full of water. Then they sit that way for a week. They are going to corrode. They are built to withstand MOISTURE not being submerged or soaked. JM2C.

If you don't plan on getting the cart wet then why buy marine speakers? We never know what we are going to get caught in so why risk it. I have a over head unit and its loud and directional enough. There are tons of Pods and stuff to mount them to the dash. Also under the calf in the seat isn't bad either but some don't like them there because of the batteries. If your trying to blast out the Course or the camp ground then get a good Sealed unit and hang it off the top or build a box for the Bag well.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:56 PM   #13
Cart54
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

FWIW....it could get caught in the rain, but I will be sure to keep the speakers cleared of water. I didn't order a marine amp, it was $50, so I just plan to feel it out. My cart is used to run around my neighborhood and haul stuff around my property.
Cart54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:16 PM   #14
rcopeland5
Not Yet Wild

Came out good, I was thinking about doing the same thing but haven't seen it done before. My cart has the black plastic guards though so i'll have to figure something out about those.
rcopeland5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:20 PM   #15
EZGO-MY-WALLET2
Gone Wild

good job on the install. If nothing else, find two more speaker covers and make covers (solid/waterproof) out of them that can snap/fit over the ones you have now and throw them under your seat to pull out incase you get caught in the rain or you want to wash it. Heck you could find two tupperware bowls to fit over them.

I mounted my 6x9's under my rear seat and enclosed the bag well to serve as the "box" for the speakers. They are mounted at an angle for he sound to come up and out of the space, they are hidden and covered by the seat....but the water hose would still not be a good thing.

BTW, I am not hijacking your thread I just figured I would share another idea for speaker mounting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golfcart stereo 005.jpg (215.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg golfcart stereo 007.jpg (171.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg golfcart stereo 008.jpg (73.7 KB, 12 views)
EZGO-MY-WALLET2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO