lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2011, 11:11 PM   #21
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

Default Re: @#%%#$% front shocks - help!

Gas charged, but no strap. Put one end on the concrete and push - and hope you can get it in before they come back out!

Got lucky on the other shock - after cursing and straining for a few minutes I finally got the leverage on it and snapped the top clean off.

Install went smooth. Might tighten down the bushings a tad more - supposed to be to the edge of the washer when tightened, correct?

Took it for a test drive and while they are stiffer than the stock shocks, they handle the bumps better. Hard to explain - I can feel the shocks taking the bump instead of the springs/frame. Just got back from a ride with the wife and dog - she about jumped out of her skin when I headed for a small curb at 20 mph

I know it's not an IFS, a Rhino or any other true off road vehicle - but I like's it!

The shocks I put on seem to be right at the edge for compressed length for my setup - but remember my front leafs seem to be pretty weak as well. They never bottomed out on me and I pushed it pretty hard. One reason I did this was a had issues with the tires rubbing the fender flares when traversing some of the areas at the camp - no matter how hard I pushed one side or the other I couldn't get it to rub, even jumping the big 8-10" flat curb stops all the way at the front of the neighborhood. Handled them great. Now to get the HD rear springs installed.

Thinking about going air in the back, but being a hunting buggie want the fewest things possible to break in the woods. Plus doing air, I'd have to leave my poor old and busted "w" rear leaf springs on - doubt HD rear springs and air shocks would be a nice ride.
LizardLeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2011, 11:59 PM   #22
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: @#%%#$% front shocks - help!

Well car shocks and golf cart shock valves are designed differently that is why the ride is totally different.
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO