lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2011, 05:06 PM   #1
AndyFinck
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha G14E Heavy Duty F&R Switch wanted

Just put a Plum Quick Motor, 500amp FSIP Controller,800amp peak solenoid,and 4-gauge wires on my '96 Yamaha G14 E 36volt ,... Now my F&R switch is getting hot.Does anybody know where i can get the parts to make it more HD. Or get one that is HD?
Thanks,
Andy
AndyFinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G14E Heavy Duty F&R Switch wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyFinck View Post
Just put a Plum Quick Motor, 500amp FSIP Controller,800amp peak solenoid,and 4-gauge wires on my '96 Yamaha G14 E 36volt ,... Now my F&R switch is getting hot.Does anybody know where i can get the parts to make it more HD. Or get one that is HD?
Thanks,
Andy
I know Scottyb sells HD f/r switchs for ezgo. Probably the best solution, but some inginuity would be involved to make it work.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:10 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The G14 F&R is on it's way to me so I can see if it can be beefed up or substituted.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:32 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The G14 F&R is on it's way to me so I can see if it can be beefed up or substituted.
That's why I like you Scotty...allway's willing to take on a challenge. They had 1 or 2 "reed" micro switches for neutral lock out and 1/2 speed reverse, should work with standard micro switch's. Had one apart last week, just not enough metal on the spring loaded moveing contacts, as I see it. If you'd like I could get the info for you. Your Ezgo HD f/r switch, I like better. Shouldn't be any differant then most cars. The bolt mounting pattern and shift lever splines could be differant.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:55 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Okay cover the children's eyes
You are about to see some mating of Ezgo and Yamaha F&R parts. The G14E Yamaha F&R switch sent to me was in good shape. No pitting or signs of arcing. What I did notice was that the size of the lug studs and contacts was kind of small when compared to Ezgo's. So here is what I did.
Turned the Ezgo pivot shaft down to fit into the boss in the center of the Yamaha mounting plate.... cut the Boss down on the F&R side to let the shaft come out as much as possible on the body side... this is the part that worries me. I do not have the cart here to see the body fit....Ideally I would have had the cart.
I have shortened the standoff tubes & mounted the EZ F&R to the Yami Base plate.
This is the same EZF&R we put the HD Switch Cam into. (EZ555) It will use the TXT handle & looks like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4989.jpg (184.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4996.jpg (176.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5001.jpg (156.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5006.jpg (166.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 08-13-2011, 12:03 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Basically it is ready to work, it has 2 micros that can handle the secondary switching... but I do not know if the shifter shaft is long enough for the body and general mounting requirements. How can I know? Can somebody pull the shift handle off of a G14-16 and measure how much shaft sticks out of the body? I could tell from that, I have the stock Yami handle Thank you for any help. Scottyb
Old 08-13-2011, 10:27 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

G14 G16 F&R Pictures needed from both sides of the body. Thank you any help is appreciated.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:20 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Kinda quiet over here in the Yamaha Elec. Section

Well I have made what I think are final Adjustments... switched to a modified longer pivot shaft to gain 1/4" or so move length out in front of the body.

Sure would love to see some pics of a stock F&R installed? Here is what I got.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5014.jpg (149.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5016.jpg (74.4 KB, 6 views)
Old 08-13-2011, 06:44 PM   #9
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Once again I can't help Scotty...no G14e or G16e on the lot If you go to the Yamaha web site and look up the G14/G16 parts list for the f/r switch, it looks to be 4" or so with the coupler. Nice job so far
Old 08-13-2011, 07:46 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

They are few and far between, I guess?

Another member asked a Q about a G14 and I asked him for some pics which he gave so I feel confident to send it and let Andy be the judge.... I had a G16 here 2 weeks ago, darn it... Andy will let us know if and how it fits.... thanks for your support Dave!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha