lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #11
Jowens
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Just got my first EZ GO

Where is a good place to buy said equipment, and do I just need to make sure everything is "HD". (HD controller, HD solenoid....etc.)
Jowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #12
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm new here and I will share my experience so far. I got a 96 txt stock. I added a 5" lift 22" knobby tires and a rear seat. More for looks really, just to cruise around the house and camper park at the beach. For me speed is not an issue, but I lost torque as a result of my add ons. So far I have added 4 ga wires and a hd f/r from Scotty B. I changed a few other connections as well. I can really tell a difference in my pulling power just from what I did. At some point I know I will have to upgrade my controller and solenoid. Also cleaned my battery post real good too. Mine are 4 years old so I hope to get thru this summer before I change. Good Luck
cableguy_hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #13
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowens View Post
Where is a good place to buy said equipment, and do I just need to make sure everything is "HD". (HD controller, HD solenoid....etc.)
there is a site sponsor link above. I've dealt with several of them thru there website or on ebay. I would say as far as the "HD" versions that the F/R switch and solenoid may be the only two parts that would need to be "HD".

Last edited by cableguy_hd; 02-08-2012 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: spelling fix
cableguy_hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #14
Jowens
Not Yet Wild

And what do I need to look for as the controller goes. Basically I don't want to mess up and buy another stock controller....it won't be an "HD controller also"?
Old 02-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #15
libertybellcdr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowens View Post
And what do I need to look for as the controller goes. Basically I don't want to mess up and buy another stock controller....it won't be an "HD controller also"?
I, like many others here, purchased an upgrade package from ScottyB's Carts Unlimited. I told him my needs and expectations so he could recommend a controller, solenoid combo. I have been VERY happy.
libertybellcdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:00 PM   #16
Jowens
Not Yet Wild

That's exactly what I'm doing...very helpful
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO