lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2012, 07:48 PM   #21
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Default Re: Looking For TXT Cup/Console Mod Suggestions

Since the 3rd grade.....
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2012, 07:49 PM   #22
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Post Re: Looking For TXT Cup/Console Mod Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickochet View Post
I am 62 years old and have been a beer drinker since the 3rd grade and have tried most every drink holder known to modern man. My favorite beverage cup is a 34oz. insulated Aladdin mug with a 4" base which will hold two 12oz. cans at a time (which cuts trips to the cooler by half). My wife also use the same size mug and drinks beer over ice. Sorry, but the thin weeinie coozies won't cut it.
Sorryyyyyyy! Then McGeyver away! I just drink 'em from the cans.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #23
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I believe we need to start thinking outside the box here. How about a cast aluminum can holder insert with copper cooling coils and a 12v stand-alone refrigerant compressor and condensor? Most of this stuff could be scrounged from a compact car in a wrecking yard, and somewhere on this board is a guy who runs an aluminum foundry.
Dude, this idea could be HUGE!
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:22 AM   #24
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab69440 View Post
I believe we need to start thinking outside the box here. How about a cast aluminum can holder insert with copper cooling coils and a 12v stand-alone refrigerant compressor and condensor? Most of this stuff could be scrounged from a compact car in a wrecking yard, and somewhere on this board is a guy who runs an aluminum foundry.
Dude, this idea could be HUGE!
Condensor/compressor/refrigerant is too cumbersome. I'd use a series of peltier junctions. No moving parts, and works great on DC. I've used them on computers for the processor.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:05 AM   #25
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Condensor/compressor/refrigerant is too cumbersome. I'd use a series of peltier junctions. No moving parts, and works great on DC. I've used them on computers for the processor.

NICE!!!! See, now why isn't everyone else on the ball like that?!
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #26
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Here's an example of what yurtle is speaking of.
http://www.amazon.com/TEC1-12706-Thermoelectric-Peltier-Cooler-Volt/dp/B002UQQ3Q2/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t http://www.amazon.com/TEC1-12706-Thermoelectric-Peltier-Cooler-Volt/dp/B002UQQ3Q2/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

They heat as will as cool, so be careful of how they are installed and wired, unless you like warm beer (as served in some island nations I've been in).

These are 12V units, so three in series might work on a 36V system and convert the fourth cupholder to an ashtray.

The trick is that they only move the heat from one side to the other, (Cold junction to Hot junction) so you've still got to figure out a way to get rid of it.

I was using a Peltier device on an overclocked K6-2 CPU and transferring the heat to an external heat exchanger with water when I found out distilled water dissolves copper tubing.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:55 AM   #27
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
http://www.amazon.com/TEC1-12706-The...m_cr_pr_sims_t

They heat as will as cool, so be careful of how they are installed and wired, unless you like warm beer (as served in some island nations I've been in).

These are 12V units, so three in series might work on a 36V system and convert the fourth cupholder to an ashtray.

The trick is that they only move the heat from one side to the other, (Cold junction to Hot junction) so you've still got to figure out a way to get rid of it.

I was using a Peltier device on an overclocked K6-2 CPU and transferring the heat to an external heat exchanger with water when I found out distilled water dissolves copper tubing.
Johnnie, me thinks that you have too much time on your hands.
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #28
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
http://www.amazon.com/TEC1-12706-The...m_cr_pr_sims_t

I did similar, but dumped the hot side on a heat sink and fan. However, a compressor/condenser/refrigerant system does the same.

Yep, water is the universal solvent, and the purer the water, the more it wants to dissolve stuff, which is why whole house water softeners are a BAD idea. Just like swimming pool chemistry, you need to keep hardness up, or it will make itself hard, by dissolving stuff you may not want to dissolve. I built several water treatment plants, and we add a phosphates to keep the water from dissolving house plumbing copper and lead.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #29
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickochet View Post
Johnnie, me thinks that you have too much time on your hands.
Methinks you are right.

Too cold in garage to work on cart, got all the brass I emptied last summer reloaded, got everything on the Honey-Do list done (for the moment) and I detest about 99.9% of what is on daytime TV.

I guess I'll just have to learn how to work slower and spread the jobs out to match the time available like government employees do.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #30
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I did similar, but dumped the hot side on a heat sink and fan...............
I was using finned hard copper tubing and natural convection externally. The soft copper tubing I was using internally is what failed. What a mess! Fortunately, I only took out a video board.
Went to a 50/50 mixture of Propylene Glycol after that, which is the same stuff I use in cigar humidors, so I had it on hand.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO