lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #1
Paige Clark
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default H/D installed still no go

I put hd switch from, scottyb after the stock fried, still cart won't go checked reading from B+ to B- getting right at 38 volts solenoid is clicking, it is a 2004 non pds no run tow switch the L bracket that came on the new H/D is not the same length as the stock so I changed them out. Any advice would be appreciated.
Paige Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2012, 08:43 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: H/D installed still no go

Welcome to BGW.

Lift rear wheels off ground so cart doesn't take off unexpectedly. (Use jackstands)
Attach your DVM between B+ and B- terminals on controller.
Key ON and either F or R selected.
Voltage should be battery voltage less about 3-5V before solenoid clicks and full battery voltage after it clicks.
IF so, Connect DVM between B- and M- terminals on controller.
Should be battery voltage when solenoid clicks, tapering off to zero as pedal is depressed further.
IF you don't get battery voltage when pedal is pushed just far enough to make solenoid click, walk your meter lead that was attached to M- back to the next point in the series chain of high current cables and contacts until you find it. The problem is between the point you found the voltage and the previous point.

Here is a schematic for your cart and a generic drawing of the high current circuit that is a little easier to see the high current path electrically.

If you haven't yet, download the Owner, Service and Parts manuals for the Stickies at the top of this forum.
Actually, here they are, just download the three .pdf files.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html

There is a troubleshooting tree in the service manual.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series.JPG (55.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Hi Current Circuit - Series Motor - EDITED.JPG (63.6 KB, 7 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
Paige Clark
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks JohnnieB I have done all that you have mentioned, but I will try it again to see if I missed something I'm at work now so I will get back with you as soon as I can get back to my cart, your expertise is appreciated!
Old 02-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The L bracket you changed was that the stop bracket? Was it not hitting your stops? If not it may not have been fully seated, that would explain not getting contact through the switch? There is a simple continuity test (below) for the switch. If the test fails adjust Nut B per instructions sent with the HD switch cam. Nut B is shown in the center of the diagram below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo F&R cam test.jpg (57.2 KB, 19 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige Clark View Post
Thanks JohnnieB......<Snip>..........your expertise is appreciated!
Thanks for the kind words, but I just read schematics, wiring diagrams and manuals pretty well, Scotty is the expert on carts.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:04 AM   #6
Paige Clark
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Johnnieb I have read many of your post on here and what ever you say, I still say you are an expert and are a true enthusiest on these carts, your advice is second to none and you spend alot of time with your replies and adding schematics to your post that really helps us novice cart tinkers, Thanks! Scottyb I appreciate the knowledge you give us I will swap back to the L bracket that you sent with the cam switch and see if a little adjustment might take care of the problem and yes it was not making the micros I may not have taken enough time to adjust it. Thanks again for your help and I will keep you guys posted.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:59 PM   #7
Paige Clark
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Smile Re: H/D installed still no go

ScottyB, I tightened the nut 3 turns pressed the accelerator and there it went, just wondering if you can get it to tight, now the handle is hard to turn was afraid if I backed it off it may cause more heat to build up in the F/R if it was to loose. I really appreciate your help it's guys like you that help folks like me keep these carts going without breaking the bank. Thanks again!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO