lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2012, 02:06 PM   #11
bphillman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: picked up a river house with a not running EZGO ST

I have determined it a "series" motor design if that helps.
bphillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphillman View Post
I can say the unit was REALLY abused (neighbors telling stories about the previous owners kids going reverse then forward and riding wheelies thru the park!).
If they were truly "riding wheelies thru the park", you've got a keeper!

I suspect there may be a bit of exaggeration here, though I've been playing with my new controller doing kinda the same thing, "popping" wheelies.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:16 PM   #13
bphillman
Not Yet Wild

At first, I thought it was total BS when the previous owner told me, but more than one neighbor has stated time and time again that the kids were doing it.. and not just "popping wheelies" but rather RIDING wheelies up and down the streets... I wont know whats true or not till I get it to run though.
bphillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #14
LBZ_Duramax
Not Yet Wild

Must have had a couple buddies in the back that the neighbors didnt see. LOL
LBZ_Duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:15 PM   #15
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

LBZ I'm not sure that is needed with an electric specially since they stated dumping it from forward to reverse. I've seen almost stock carts pull wicked wheelies doing that with just the driver.
As for your cart sounds like a winner once it gets going. I'm going to be "That guy" and tell ya to make sure it's charged and get voltage readings from the battery pack. I've heard carts click and buzz with just really dead batteries. If it's been parked for that long I'd personally start there. Good luck and when it's going you will have a blast.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #16
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:49 AM   #17
rib33024

Quote:
When I lifted the seat to look, I saw the bank of solenoids running along the rear with coils (I assume the resistors?) just behind the solenoids. I also pulled the motor off and looked. It has the flat coils which I assume meant something.
This here leads me to believe that this is not a EZGO, sounds like you have a club car, ezgo golf carts do not have a BANK of solenoids. IF it is an EZGO it will only have 1 solenoid.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:25 AM   #18
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcXtreme72 View Post
LBZ I'm not sure that is needed with an electric specially since they stated dumping it from forward to reverse. I've seen almost stock carts pull wicked wheelies doing that with just the driver.
As for your cart sounds like a winner once it gets going. I'm going to be "That guy" and tell ya to make sure it's charged and get voltage readings from the battery pack. I've heard carts click and buzz with just really dead batteries. If it's been parked for that long I'd personally start there. Good luck and when it's going you will have a blast.
I said it was "a keeper" if it was capable of "riding wheelies thru the park". The "bank of solenoids" comment makes we wonder if it hasn't been hopped up. You can parallel stock solenoids in lieu of using a HD one, so I'm wonderin' if it's got a big controller.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:38 AM   #19
rib33024

Any golf cart will do wheelies if you go in reverse and slam it in to forward, no up grades just a bone stock cart, it is not the thing to be doing to your cart if you want it to be reliably, ----- and DO NOT try this with your cart
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:52 AM   #20
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Any golf cart will do wheelies if you go in reverse and slam it in to forward, no up grades just a bone stock cart, it is not the thing to be doing to your cart if you want it to be reliably, ----- and DO NOT try this with your cart
I'm beating a dead horse, but the OP said multiple times that they were "riding" wheelies, not just "popping" them. Riding wheelies, once you're up, isn't too hard on motorcycles and bikes, but I have a hard time envisioning an EZ-GO actually getting the wheels far enough off the ground to "ride" a wheelie.

Quote:
At first, I thought it was total BS when the previous owner told me, but more than one neighbor has stated time and time again that the kids were doing it.. and not just "popping wheelies" but rather RIDING wheelies up and down the streets... I wont know whats true or not till I get it to run though.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO