lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
PBB
Getting Wild

Default Poor Boy Buggies 48V Stretch Limo Build

I have finally decided to build a stretch limo. I'm not 100% sure yet wether I will build a lifted safari style limo or a low-pro street version, but etither way it will be a six passenger cart. My donor is an 08 PDS that I will be converting to 48V with a 500 Amp Alltrax controller, Advanced motor and (6) 8V batteries.

My son and I got started tearing down the donor over the Thanksgiving holiday. I attached a few pics before the tear down and where we quit tonight. It may take several months to get the cart completed. I work full time and of course it's hunting season!

I'll do my best to post pictures as I go for those of you that are wanting to stretch one too.

Wish me luck! PBB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Daviess%20East-20121122-00175[1].jpg (197.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Daviess%20East-20121123-00176[1].jpg (224.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Daviess%20East-20121123-00177[1].jpg (214.2 KB, 0 views)
PBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #2
mtpolarbear
Polar Bear wild to you...

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Poor Boy Buggies 48V Stretch Limo Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBB View Post
I have finally decided to build a stretch limo. I'm not 100% sure yet wether I will build a lifted safari style limo or a low-pro street version, but etither way it will be a six passenger cart. My donor is an 08 PDS that I will be converting to 48V with a 500 Amp Alltrax controller, Advanced motor and (6) 8V batteries.

My son and I got started tearing down the donor over the Thanksgiving holiday. I attached a few pics before the tear down and where we quit tonight. It may take several months to get the cart completed. I work full time and of course it's hunting season!

I'll do my best to post pictures as I go for those of you that are wanting to stretch one too.

Wish me luck! PBB
Please keep us posted with detailed documentaion and plenty of pics. You can never have enough pics. Make several posts just for pics if you need. Good Luck! I'll be watching myself.
mtpolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
PBB
Getting Wild

Will do. The next step is to pressure wash the frame and then measure and cut the frame. It's 35 degrees here today, so I think the pressure wash might have to wait until a warmer day!

I've been following your build too. Looks like quite a project.

Good luck to you as well.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
mtpolarbear

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Will do. The next step is to pressure wash the frame and then measure and cut the frame. It's 35 degrees here today, so I think the pressure wash might have to wait until a warmer day!

I've been following your build too. Looks like quite a project.

Good luck to you as well.
Well after reading about your stretch project I confirmed to myself that that's what I want to do as well. I never really liked the idea of have the rear facing seat. Also with two seat pods you have plenty of room for batteries AND electronics!

I guess we can help each other along the way.

Patrick
Old 11-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #5
PBB
Getting Wild

Patrick, sounds like your up for a challenge too. I've built several customs over the last few years and to be honest I've gotten a little bored with it. I enjoy fabrication and i believe the stretch project will be alot of fun. I'm building this one to sell, so I need to watch my budget, but I have access to a shear, sheet metal break etc so it shouldnt be too bad from that end. I like Stretchman's pod he made and it will save some $$ too.

I have alot of EZ-Go stuff laying around if I might have anything you could use. Mostly TXT/PDS.

Dont hesitate to shout if I can be of assistance and I'll do the same.

Steve
Old 11-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If it's not too late, consider 8 6 volt batteries. More lead = more run time, which means more years of life. YMMV.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #7
PBB
Getting Wild

Well, we had temps in the high 50's today so I decided to pressure wash the cart and get ready for the stretch. Once I got it clean I couldnt stand it and had to go ahead and make the cuts! Not turning back now.......

I need to pick up a stick of 1x2 tubing this week and I'll be ready to splice her back together.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Daviess%20East-20121125-00178[1].jpg (257.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Daviess%20East-20121125-00180[1].jpg (214.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Daviess%20East-20121125-00181[1].jpg (191.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Daviess%20East-20121125-00182[1].jpg (197.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #8
mtpolarbear

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Well, we had temps in the high 50's today so I decided to pressure wash the cart and get ready for the stretch. Once I got it clean I couldnt stand it and had to go ahead and make the cuts! Not turning back now.......

I need to pick up a stick of 1x2 tubing this week and I'll be ready to splice her back together.
Not sure where you are but nice weather for November! Too cold here to pressure wash.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #9
PBB
Getting Wild

I'm in Western KY.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:54 PM   #10
mtpolarbear

E-Z-GO

Nice, you're a few degrees warmer than us up here. Enjoy the great weather.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO