lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #21
CRK
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Jumping charger relay

Crash, your chart shows OUTPUT voltage @ the start and end of the charge cycle. Not input DC voltage to turn on the charger.
CRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #22
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRK View Post
Crash, your chart shows OUTPUT voltage @ the start and end of the charge cycle. Not input DC voltage to turn on the charger.
the chart is from charger manual and i guess im wrong or just stupid

ok so what is the on voltage ?
the max voltage ??
off voltage ?
if i unplug cart after full charge and plug it back in , will it restart charge
Old 05-03-2013, 06:39 PM   #23
Bert18
Getting Wild

Club Car

Here is where I'm at with my cart. I took it out for a ride 2nd time battery meter reads half and the voltage is 47.8 after the ride. It starts out running well and then it just looses power. You step on the pedal and it creeps up to speed. Now when I put it on the charger it will go 24 hours without shutting off the charger. I'm worried about overcharging.
Bert18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #24
CRK
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert18 View Post
Here is where I'm at with my cart. I took it out for a ride 2nd time battery meter reads half and the voltage is 47.8 after the ride. It starts out running well and then it just looses power. You step on the pedal and it creeps up to speed. Now when I put it on the charger it will go 24 hours without shutting off the charger. I'm worried about overcharging.
Sounds like a bad battery or bad cables or both and how do you have your meter connected?

And do you have a digital hand held meter?
Old 05-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #25
Bert18
Getting Wild

Club Car

Yes to both questions.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:19 PM   #26
BatteryZombiedotcom
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Hi Crash Test Dummy-
Now you've got the gears in my head turning.... You seem like a intelligent fellow and well respected from what I can see on this forum. Would you consider giving an unbiased review on The 36v (or whatever voltage your cart is) Battery Life saver? Let me know if I can PM you about this. I am actually HQ'd in New Port Richey. I have a BLS36A or BLS36N that I can provide to you for review. (Totally free of charge of course). I would like to chronicle this "Crash Test Dummy Review" for my Youtube Channel. (BatteryZombie1 on Youtube) I realize this probably isn't the most appropriate place for this proposition, but as a new forum member I'm not quite sure how to PM yet. Please let me know what you think!
BatteryZombiedotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:42 AM   #27
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatteryZombiedotcom View Post
Hi Crash Test Dummy-
Now you've got the gears in my head turning.... You seem like a intelligent fellow and well respected from what I can see on this forum.!
me and intelligent in same sentence
Quote:
Would you consider giving an unbiased review on The 36v (or whatever voltage your cart is) Battery Life saver? Let me know if I can PM you about this.
sure will e-mail ya !!

Quote:
that's about right .. remember i said it would get better with time ...
your charger will not let it over charge if its working right .. 24hrs seems long but i had 36v pack and never watched the clock ...
give it a few more charges see what happens
Old 05-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #28
Bert18
Getting Wild

Club Car

Now the charger is turning on and off on it's own. I'm going to continue running it and charging it to see what happens. Our trip is at the end of the month and I need it to get us around Fort Wilderness. I feel like I'm heading in the right direction. Now I tested each battery individually and got 8.3 V, on the new one I was reading 8.7. All together I'm getting 50.3 Volts after sitting 12 hours off the charger.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #29
CRK
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Now the charger is turning on and off on it's own. I'm going to continue running it and charging it to see what happens. Our trip is at the end of the month and I need it to get us around Fort Wilderness. I feel like I'm heading in the right direction. Now I tested each battery individually and got 8.3 V, on the new one I was reading 8.7. All together I'm getting 50.3 Volts after sitting 12 hours off the charger.
50.3 after 12 hrs off the charger is very good! Keep at it, ride a little then back on the charger.

They may never come back to full life but your are headed in the right direction plus the fact that right now you are at about 85% of full charge.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #30
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRK View Post
50.3 after 12 hrs off the charger is very good! Keep at it, ride a little then back on the charger.

They may never come back to full life but your are headed in the right direction plus the fact that right now you are at about 85% of full charge.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car