lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #11
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Default Re: How many rounds (18 holes) golf should you get?

There is a thread in the stickies that will answer all your questions. Kept same obc, no other mods.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2013, 08:16 AM   #12
Jazz24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well went out golfing this weekend and didn't make 18 holes. On hole 12 the yellow light came on for a few seconds and the went off and voltage meter read 48.7, so I just headed back to the club house I did not want to push it back. I going to bite the bullet and get new batteries this week. So, will I be able to get 36 holes of golf out of a brand new (4) 12v set-up? That is of coarse I will have to break them in properly as stated in the "Sticky - Battery Guide".
Jazz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:00 AM   #13
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

The 12 volt bat setup is good for camping, not good for a golf cart though, that is why cc does not use them anymore. Will you get 36 holes? Maybe since bats would be new.

But like I said converting to 8 volt bats was the best option for me, and the mod cost nothing, just a little roto zipping is all.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:04 AM   #14
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You should easily get 36 holes out of a new set of batteries but you should charge after each use anyway. The less you discharge the batteries between chargings the longer they will last. So unless you play 36 in a day, charge every night after playing a round.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:07 AM   #15
Jazz24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the reply Speedchaser. I have a 2008 precedent which has the front light, signals and horn which I think is all stock from Club car. The reason I say that is I purchased this cart from an older gentlemen which bought brand new from dealer. All the items look stock. With that being said would that have a voltage reducer from the factory on it for the lights and horn. I don't want to pull the dash a part if I dont have too.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:15 AM   #16
Jazz24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the reply Volt_Ampere, yes I understand and I will plug it in after evertime I golf. I just sometimes my buddies and I will do 36 holes in an afternoon I wanted to be sure the cart will go the distance. I am contemplating doing the (6) 8v conversion. But I was thinking I should get at least 36 holes in before getting to 60% discharged. I don't want to go below that so I stay safe and not reck the pack.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:23 AM   #17
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Compare the Amp Hour ratings of 6/8 vs 4/12's and pick the largest. (The 6/8's) That will give you the longest battery life. Amp Hours are the size of your "Gas Tank"
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:39 AM   #18
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

I think the lights are most likely connected to one bat and no reduced, that is how mine was set up, after the conversion to 8v bats I installed a reducer that I have switched, rarely use the cart after dark since I use exclusively for golf.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #19
Jazz24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well I thought I would give the epsom salt trick on the batteries because I have nothing to lose. The overall voltage came up on the pack from 50.3 to 50.7 (this is after 12 hours of rest after fully charged) but still die rapidly, about 11 holes the yellow light comes on and pack reads 48.6 volts. Is the pack just discharging rapidly because they are sulfated or could there be something drawing the charge quickly. Also I put a load tester on each battery and is drops to the edge of battery being good (in the green yet) but close to the yellow. What should I check to make sure it is not the cart and just the batteriers?
Old 05-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #20
crash test dummy

I know im going to get some heat for this but
its like breaking in a new set of batteries it will improve with more charges .. mine did
also make sure all connections are good ... now my bad recommendation 48.6v is not a dead stop just a warning you can run them awhile longer .. heck i've limped in at 29v (on a 36v cart ) and it did take a long charge to top up
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car