lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2013, 08:28 AM   #1
sether2
Not Yet Wild

Question G22 Stearing play

Is there any way to adjust out the steering play on a G22? I have adjusted the toe-in and tightened all the components in the front of the cart and I still have 1/4-1/2 turn of steering play in the steering box. I have seen post on other G__ series carts where you can pack with grease or have a screw you can adjust but I can’t find anything on the G22 steering box? Any help would be appreciated.

New to the site and I think it’s GREAT!

Thanks,
Sether2
sether2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2013, 02:46 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G22 Stearing play

have a friend move the wheel back-n-fourth while you inspect all steering parts. start at the steering column, work down to the steering knuckle, steering rack assy, tie rod ends, spindle pins. what you are looking for, is to identify where the "1/4 turn" goes in, but nothing comes out. now the bad news, the rack gear and sector gear are expensive, i hope it is just a loose steering knuckle.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
sether2
Not Yet Wild

cgtech,
Thank you for the response. Unfortunately I have inspected all the play and it goes into the steering box turning 1/4" and nothing comes out of the steering box. Thinking I may have to buy a new steering box?

Thanks,
Sether2
sether2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:32 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

the box is rebuildable, a little cheaper than a new assy.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha