lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2016, 04:58 PM   #11
lakerattx
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: I'm having a power drop off problem with my 48 volt Zone Electric cart.

I bought mine new in 2010 with the tax break. :). I've torn it apart fixing little half assed assembly issues I found. I just replaced the batteries but other than that it is holding up well. I keep in the garage out of the elements but did some mods to hopefully prevent it from burning up.

Last edited by lakerattx; 04-19-2016 at 04:59 PM.. Reason: Spelling correction
lakerattx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2016, 07:07 AM   #12
zoner
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: I'm having a power drop off problem with my 48 volt Zone Electric cart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerattx View Post
I keep in the garage out of the elements but did some mods to hopefully prevent it from burning up.
What mods did you do?
zoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:55 AM   #13
lakerattx
Not Yet Wild

I mounted the charger horizontally so that the heatsinks function as designed. Hopefully this will prevent charger heat relates fires. I also make sure that the charge cord is inserted completely.
lakerattx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 06:18 PM   #14
DRM1218
Not Yet Wild

The Owners Manual for the Curtis 1268 Controller indicates that the LED flashing 2-4 is an error code for "CONTACTOR COIL HELD LOW". This would suggest that either the contactor is missing or the wire to the coil is open. It could also be an indication that your controller is defective.
DRM1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 11:54 AM   #15
bgw70
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoner View Post
Thanks for the post. Other than that, how is your Zone cart holding up and how long have you owned it?
For what it is worth, I purchased mine new and took advantage of the tax credit. I never had any issues with the zone cart and sold it about a year ago for $3000. It had new US batteries, same model it came with.

I sold it because I was concerned something may go bad.
After all was said and done, I figure I made about $1000 on the cart and owned it about six years.

Not bad for a "free cart"

Now under DT, I hope ezgo clubcar etc will make their carts more US made!
bgw70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 07:12 PM   #16
zoner
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgw70 View Post
Now under DT, I hope ezgo clubcar etc will make their carts more US made!
Shhhhh!!!! If some of the diehard "Made-in-America" forumites get wind of this, they might lose some of that Club Car snobbery that makes them look so foolish.
zoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 02:42 PM   #17
sleepy1
Not Yet Wild

I also am having the power drop, flip tow run switch and it will clear code and run for about 100' then code flashes 1'3 not sure how to solve this as I do not have the Curtis flash codes.
sleepy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 06:43 PM   #18
warbirdfan
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy1 View Post
I also am having the power drop, flip tow run switch and it will clear code and run for about 100' then code flashes 1'3 not sure how to solve this as I do not have the Curtis flash codes.
According to the Curtis 1268 manual, a code of 1,3 is a Speed Sensor Fault, No pulses from sensor. Check the following: 1. Speed sensor not connected, and 2. Speed sensor defective.

I'll attach the manual and you can determine if your Zone has the same Curtis Controller.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Curtis 1268 manual(12D).pdf (1.11 MB, 0 views)
warbirdfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:55 AM   #19
danosw@bellsouth.net
Not Yet Wild

Have had bucking slow speed issues corrected by depressing the pedal 20 times with ignition off.

I'm having issues after recent flood from Cindy got wet to just above floor with salt water. Code 1,2 suggest throttle pot defective. Any ideas what or where or type of switch that requires?

As someone said earlier the Curtis controller can do one code at a time so until the first issue is resolved subsequent problems could show up

It did take off full speed at one point without pressing the pedal and only way to stop was turn off key. Pretty scary!

2010 Zone NEV

BILL
danosw@bellsouth.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay