lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2010, 12:55 PM   #1
pife2u
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Electric to gas conversion question

Being that I'm new to this forum, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right section, but here it goes............

I found a 1996 electric club car that is for sale for $200, but the motor, wiring, and batteries are gone. I'm kicking around buying this and converting it to gas, but I have no idea how the drivetrain works on these. Is this conversion even possible, or does the electric motor bolt right into the rear axle, and thus I'd need a new axle to even get started??? Or would your recommend staying with electric???

I've been wanting to get a cart project going for quite some time, but want to start off relatively cheap. Just don't want to buy something that will cost a fortune to get it moving, want to save that money for upgrades. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!
pife2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:11 PM   #2
daoatt
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Electric to gas conversion question

yes the electric motor bolts right to rear end I thought of doning the same a friend has a gas one and its all different so i bought a project Yamaha gas and I am in the process of building that now
daoatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:44 PM   #3
pife2u
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I lied already, it's an 1986, not a '96. Does it still have the same setup as far as the motor bolting to the differential??? I've tried to find pics of these so I wouldn't have to ask anybody here, but haven't had any luck. Thanks for the help!!
pife2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Yes it essentialy the same, the motor boltd to the dif.
It won't have reverse in the dif.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:03 PM   #5
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

actually on a club carm this can be done....

On some of the older models (Tahoe might know the years), they made a transmission that bolted to an electric rear axle that gave you the Forward and Reverse functionality. The transmissions are still available from Club Car (I would assume aftermarket as well).
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car