lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2020, 03:56 PM   #1461
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Vc 460

Mowed the lawn today in high wind since it is supposed to rain here every day for a week or so. Also did the gas and trash run. Vicki and all the lawn equipment are still using last falls gas. Had to clean the lawn tractors gas filter as it was missing and needed choke to run properly.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2020, 04:16 PM   #1462
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Yes 40 and rain all day here, coming your way probably. This cold weather is driving me nuts, the days I'm home it needs to be nice out! lol!!
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 05:27 PM   #1463
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Yes 40 and rain all day here, coming your way probably. This cold weather is driving me nuts, the days I'm home it needs to be nice out! lol!!
It's 40 degree here also but sunny. I hope its warm next week when I go home from rehab. It will be close to 40 days sense I've been home.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 05:39 PM   #1464
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I can't imagine what that is like. The good news you are going home Weather wise we all have to remember it only april with it showers. Hopefully may will bring all of us riding the carts all around. P.S. I looked at Vicki's hour meter the other day and so far this year the grand total is 1 hour. Along with the shelter in place here in NJ and being retired I don't think I have driven my car for an hour the whole month or so.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:23 PM   #1465
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Lol, yeah, keep your cart 6 foot from mine! I really need to finish this car and get my throttle figured out so I can take a ride! Hope you come out good Shepard, summer is coming, hope they don't outlaw cart/atv riding too and if so I know everyone around here will ignore it.
Old 04-24-2020, 02:56 PM   #1466
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Red Beard’s Garage just posted a video about building. Vegas Carts 460 DIY
Usually pretty good information from him -
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 03:17 PM   #1467
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

He used the optional shaft mounted rockers that I would highly recommend if you are not going to something better like the NR units. He also used the mikuni flat side 34 mm carb which I haven't yet seen in a golf cart. You can see other than installing the piston with ring unit and torquing the connecting rod no special tools are really needed. With the stock carb you use the governor arm as a bell crank so that sealing part isn't done. All said and done for $400 you have yourself a really good engine with all the right parts. Even a Newbie should be able to assemble the engine in an hour or two. There really isn't all that many parts or adjustments.
Old 04-24-2020, 06:29 PM   #1468
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I'd like a cool carb like that too but not going to spendy like that, at least what I saw them for. And some carbs are for 2 strokes it seems they are different not sure, saw people have issues with them. All the scooters are 4 stroke they seem to work, work a lot better than the stock carb imo. I'd like a 460 but when this one blows I will swap to one lol.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:15 PM   #1469
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclark138 View Post
Red Beard’s Garage just posted a video about building. Vegas Carts 460 DIY
Usually pretty good information from him -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKdlwZrYAeo
I see that video just got put up today. What timing.
Old 04-25-2020, 08:03 AM   #1470
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
He used the optional shaft mounted rockers that I would highly recommend if you are not going to something better like the NR units. He also used the mikuni flat side 34 mm carb which I haven't yet seen in a golf cart. You can see other than installing the piston with ring unit and torquing the connecting rod no special tools are really needed. With the stock carb you use the governor arm as a bell crank so that sealing part isn't done. All said and done for $400 you have yourself a really good engine with all the right parts. Even a Newbie should be able to assemble the engine in an hour or two. There really isn't all that many parts or adjustments.
He said flat slide but the link for the carb in the description is a 34mm round slide carb. I will be putting a 32mm round slide on mine.
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps