lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2008, 06:05 PM   #1
pricewc
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default bought my first cart yesterday....

Bought a 94 ez go for $300. I'm not sure of the model number but the front has more of the rounder design. Anyway, the only problem is that the batteries are dead or I think. When I brought it home, I put it in reverse and I still got the loud reverse sound but I’m sure with a little bit of power that would still work. We also tested the batteries and they all read 6 volts on the meter. What would all you suggest doing? I plan on changing the wiring, cleaning, and charging before I go buy new batteries.

Also what’s the best place you would suggest buying batteries at if I have to?

Thanks
pricewc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2008, 06:11 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: bought my first cart yesterday....

Welcome price...Well it seems like such a simple question......"Also what’s the best place you would suggest buying batteries at if I have to?" but really it is not...About once a month someone new wants to know where to buy what kind of batteries.....You may ask well ask what kinda cart to buy
Much is available from top of the line to bargain basement....All discussion boils down to you get what you pay for. Use the site search to read some of these repeat discussions; try......battery comparison or such. Good luck!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/search/result-197033/
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 06:46 PM   #3
pricewc
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the response, I realize I probably shouldn't have posted a question about where to buy the batteries, I should have known since I use to work with a message board site. Anyway I noticed today that the batteries have a date on them of Sept 2000, and they are the Exide E3600. I'm just a little worried because I'm not sure it is the batteries but I plan on digging into the cart a little more tomorrow. I was just hoping someone could give some suggestions. Thanks
Old 12-22-2008, 06:50 PM   #4
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

8 year old batteries are going to need a miracle but put a charge on them and see what happens.

My $.02? Replace with Trojan T105 or T145 if your budget allows.

Sounds like you have a 94 Medalist. Great cart for mods.!

Have fun. Be safe. Good luck.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:45 PM   #5
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum pricewc.................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:42 PM   #6
pricewc
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

After cleaning and charging I drove the cart around this afternoon it seems to run fine, although I’m not sure how long it will last. The only thing I noticed, there is a noise coming from the motor it sounds like the gears need some lube or something but I’m not sure, anyone know about this?? It sounds like a rough rubbing. Thanks
Old 12-24-2008, 10:02 PM   #7
JMatyas
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Check the brakes. Mine were tight and it created so much heat the wheel became hot to the touch. They just needed adjusted.
JMatyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO