lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2022, 09:31 PM   #1
ahmjam
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 1995 CC potentiometer

can someone help me with adjusting or testing pot box located on accelerator pedal. on a 1995 CC 48 volt .Batteries are 18 mos old trogens 51 volts on battery pack. max speed about 8 MPH. slower in the grass dont have much torque. i have worked on ezgo with same set up pot box and curtis control box with much better speed and torque. thanks Woody
ahmjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2022, 10:47 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1995 CC potentiometer

Set the meter to ohms 0-20k range or so. Disconnect the throttle wires from the controller at pin #2 and 3. Plug the meter in to the wire connectors and work the pedal a few times until you get an average range. Post that average range here >
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 12:07 PM   #3
ahmjam
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks scotty i have a range of just over 5000 ohms as i push pedal it goes down to almost 0. i have measured dc voltage on motor lugs max of 15 volts im losing voltage some where or the pot box isnt telling the controller to speed up . i even changed a motor with a cart i have here that runs 18 mph. also changed controller with FSIP RB controller NO CHANGE. I have repaired carts for 15 years this one i need help to figure out battery pack is 51 volts to the controller only 15 volts on M1 max speed should have close to pack voltage right/
Old 05-10-2022, 02:40 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Check to ensure the controller is set to read the 0-5k input... Also I'm curious if the cart is significantly faster in reverse?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 11:35 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Pretty sure that cart has the (silver) controller that uses a 5k-0 signal from the pot. Unless it is an early 95 with the black controller and a V-Glide.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 12:23 PM   #6
ahmjam
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

just to up date . I had a parts cart with same pot box start at 5000 goes to 0 on silver controller . cart worked fine my problem was i was getting the signal same on bad one 5000 to 0. Also do you guys know why on a2015 CC Prec. no spark problem before i change coil . oil light is flashing 5 blinks stops one blink thanks Jeff
Old 05-23-2022, 08:06 PM   #7
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Are you saying the 95 is running now?

Ask the gas question in the gas forum.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car