lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2022, 07:42 AM   #1
bluecalx
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Blinkers & Brake Lights not working - park lights & headlights do work

This '14 precedent has a Rhox blinker/hazard switch that was added to it, and i'm having some odd issues that I can't figure out.

The brake lights and blinkers do not work (but the green & red lights on the blinker stalk do work, when clicked down/left and up/right, as well as when hazards are pulled on). The headlights and tail lights work fine.

The brake lights on this cart utilize a switched pad screwed to the brake pedal, attached to red and brown/white wires - I've disconnected them and wired the red & brown/white wires together during testing and didn't get any bright brake lights.

I've replaced the flasher with a couple others, just to try that. No improvement there. I tried this one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FK2TC62...5GCQTTBABF4YAR
and it did the same as the blue one on there now - the green & red lights on the blinker arm came on, but no lights on the cart.

I also tried this one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MJGC28B...EXAQQ1ZGYENX1X
and it just buzzed.. thinking it didn't like the low load/draw....

Photos attached are for reference - btw, I've checked the fuse in line w/ the blue wire and it's good. Pulling the fuse kills the headlights/tail lights.

Thank you - for looking at this thread and for any help. :)

edit: all the lights are LED on this cart... the headlight assembly has leds as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8825.jpg (185.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8824.jpg (195.7 KB, 0 views)
bluecalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2022, 12:51 PM   #2
bluecalx
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Blinkers & Brake Lights not working - park lights & headlights do work

If anyone has even an idea - I'm willing to try anything to get these working. Thank you--
Old 05-21-2022, 01:39 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Blinkers & Brake Lights not working - park lights & headlights do work

The turn signal switch will drop out the brake light to whatever side the switch tells to flash but the other should work. So one question is did these ever work? If so I would think it is a bad switch. If not I would check wiring.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 06:11 PM   #4
bluecalx
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
The turn signal switch will drop out the brake light to whatever side the switch tells to flash but the other should work. So one question is did these ever work? If so I would think it is a bad switch. If not I would check wiring.
They did work - at one time. I'm looking at this cart for the owner.
I've looked at the wiring pretty thoroughly, but have not removed or opened up the RHOX blinker assembly. I haven't been able to find replacement parts for that unit online directly, either.
Old 05-22-2022, 11:06 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

In the dumb question department you did validate the bulbs are good correct?
Old 05-22-2022, 02:00 PM   #6
bluecalx
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
In the dumb question department you did validate the bulbs are good correct?
Thank you - I did verify that they were all led, and that the park lights are working... but I've not checked the brighter brake led's and led blinkers. Could it be possible that all 4 corners have bad led's?
Old 05-22-2022, 02:08 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Unlikely but it has happened. May want to pull the switch apart and see what you see.
Old 05-22-2022, 07:26 PM   #8
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Orientation?
simicrintz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 01:13 PM   #9
bluecalx
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
Orientation?
What's this referring to?
Thanks-
Old 05-25-2022, 07:56 AM   #10
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

LED bulbs can have an orientation to them where they only work one way. It's pretty unlikely that you have them all 180 degrees out, but you may try to flip the way they go in and see if they work.
simicrintz is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car