lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
milltown
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default clone engine cradle

Does anybody know if the clutches will be the correct distance to keep the stock belt on a clone install in an ezgo when using the cpp engine cradle? Thanks for any help.
milltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
GreyGoose
Not Yet Wild

I'll have one tomorrow and I will let you know. I'll be putting in in a 99 gas EZ-GO with a Honda GX390. It will be Saturday before I haul my cart home to start the project so hopefully you get a answer before then.
GreyGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #3
milltown
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: clone engine cradle

Thanks, I am hoping everything lines up and is the correct distance but I would like to know before I move forward.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #4
GreyGoose
Not Yet Wild

I've searched all over this site and others and can't get a straight answer I figured since my cart was free and I only have 130 in the engine I'm still in really cheap if it don't work out
Old 02-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #5
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGoose View Post
I'll have one tomorrow and I will let you know. I'll be putting in in a 99 gas EZ-GO with a Honda GX390. It will be Saturday before I haul my cart home to start the project so hopefully you get a answer before then.
you should start a thread,and let me know about it i will be doing a gx390 13hp honda in 2-3 months hopefully..it will work for sure,,never doubt yourself
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:25 PM   #6
milltown
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I have searched all over too, can't find a good answer.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #7
GreyGoose
Not Yet Wild

I am going to do a build thread from start to finish. I still have to get my old motor out so I will get all measurements of pulley locations first and then so how close I can match it. This will be my first swap but I think it will go good.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #8
milltown
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I read somewhere on here that the engine cradle will position the engine too far over with the holes that are in it, they had to make new holes.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #9
GreyGoose
Not Yet Wild

Ok I got my old engine and cradle out. The cradle I bought from cpp requires a lift first off. And sets the Honda GX 390 3 inches to far forward so it's not going to be a bolt and go it is designed for the twins and 18+ horse honda which a designed a little different. The cylinders are more vertical so they can be pushed closer to the rear end. I am honing to try to raise the engine 2 to 4 inches to move the pulley closer. Ian also going to reuse the original part of the cradle to mount the gen/starter.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:29 AM   #10
STSClays.com
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGoose View Post
Ok I got my old engine and cradle out. The cradle I bought from cpp requires a lift first off. And sets the Honda GX 390 3 inches to far forward so it's not going to be a bolt and go it is designed for the twins and 18+ horse honda which a designed a little different. The cylinders are more vertical so they can be pushed closer to the rear end. I am honing to try to raise the engine 2 to 4 inches to move the pulley closer. Ian also going to reuse the original part of the cradle to mount the gen/starter.
Photos are worth a thousand words~
STSClays.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps