lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2020, 08:05 PM   #1
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default FE290 engine rebuild

Everybody has a little different way if doing things, but I thought to help someone out in the future, I'd document a FE290 rebuild start to finish.

I bought a 93 club car carryall I in pretty decent overall shape. I really didnt "set out" to buy this cart, it came in an auction I won with 2 other carts. And really all I wanted was the seats from one of the other carts and a few other parts
The carryall was just a bonus

So I thought I'd look into it. Jumped the missing key switch, hit the pedal. Motor spins great. Good blue spark. No compression. By no I mean zero. I dropped a tbsp of oil in the cylinder and it maybe bounced up to 10psi so I checked the valves, thinking maybe cam gear rivets. Nope, valves are moving. Adjuated to .005 and no difference.

So come along with me on an adventure to see why it has no compression and what its gonna take to make this cart functional again

This will hopefully serve a purpose as sort of a "how to" for someone else looking for directions to remove the engine to replace the ignition coil, access something or another, or even rebuild the engine if they so desire

Pics attached are of the cart exactly as I got it. Appears 100% complete minus the key switch. And it had the sear bottom, though it weighed about 75 lbs due to being completely water logged
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200119-200120_Gallery.jpg (261.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200119-200147_Gallery.jpg (179.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200105_154548.jpg (569.9 KB, 0 views)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car